“Went to Mac's when we decided not to wait for 2 hours for Bulloch's. I was surprised. The BBQ was very good, I liked...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mac's BBQ

Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

Went to Mac's when we decided not to wait for 2 hours for Bulloch's. I was surprised. The BBQ was very good, I liked the sauce and the Brunswick Stew was excellent. The slaw had a slight sweetness and their iced tea seemed to be home brewed. Mac, the owner is very active in coming around to see if you need anything. Hey, check out their dessert table and grab what you want early, they may run out.

Franklin, Tennessee
“If you want great BBQ, Mac's is the place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2010

When we come through Pine Mountain and Warm Springs, we always make a point to stop in at Mac's. The restaurant isn't open until 5 but if you want a bbq sandwich for lunch, stop by the small building on the side street! Excellent slaw and awesome Brunswick Stew! We have been in the restaurant a few times and always enjoy our meal and experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
amandabrown09
“My Favorite!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I absolutely love this place and cannot get it enough since I live so far away. You can't beat the prices either. The stew is the best I have ever put in my mouth and I always order extra hot sauce in a cup so that I can have some to take home to put on everything. I wish they would open up another closer by.

jax
“Not so good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

We just visited the area and ate at Mac's. It was our least favorite bbq we have had on a road trip. We are from the south and do enjoy trying bbq everywhere we go. The pork for the pork sandwiches came from the frig. and was reheated in the microwave. Not sure how fresh it was. It tasted o.k. The chopped beef looked and tasted like beef from a crockpot that had been soaking in fluids. It was not chopped, but a big pile of shredded mushy meat. The beans tasted like they came right out of the can. The brunswick stew looked like pureed vegetables. None of us ate it. It was not a hit with our family and we would choose someplace else next time.