“A relaxing day in the sun!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Activities: Swimming, Biking
More attraction details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Orlando, FL
“A relaxing day in the sun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a relaxing time on Castaway Cay during our Disney cruise. It was a little rainy early in the morning but cleared up to a nice, sunny day. The staff was very friendly and the was a lot to do in a few hours. I can't wait to go back!

Downers Grove, IL
“I want to be marooned here....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

Wow, just wow. My family rand I LOVED Castaway Cay. It was gorgeous. Clean, great Disney Staff. Clear water that was waist high on my 5'6" frame. Not to deep for my 6 and 9 year olds. Food was plentiful and good. Activities were wonderful, glass bottom boat ride, snorkeling, tubing, feeding the stingrays. This was by far the favorite day of our Disney Cruise. I want to go back already and I was there less than a week ago.......

Manassas, Virginia
33 attraction reviews
“Delightful day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We wanted a relaxing day from the Disney Fantasy cruise ship so didn't plan any activities other than eating, walking around and relaxing at the beach. The island is fairly large but mostly undeveloped. I think Disney uses only something like 55 acres.

There are many adventures to choose from. On the day we docked, it was pretty windy and the seas were choppy so a number of the excursions were cancelled. If you don't choose an excursion there's two family beaches and one adult only beach.

Initially, the family beaches were not too crowded but then the excursions were ending and they started coming to the beach. I sat in a beach chair right near the edge of the beautiful water. Fortunately, most of the parents kept their kids under control but there's always a few in the group who just turn them loose. I don't know how many times the lady next to me told a kid to stop throwing sand. Floats and giant inner tubes are available to rent.

The lunch was plentiful and actually very good. Of course, soft drinks, water, ice cream were available in several areas. The bike path was rich with vegetation and flowers and led to an observation point. We walked the bike path to the point and it was all paved, (part of it was an abandoned runway), level and there was ice water along the way.

Trams ran to Serenity Bay, the adult only beach, and back and forth to the ship.Cabanas were available on the one family beach for about $500 for the day. This allowed you access to cabana-only sections of the beach that were noticeably less crowded.

Look for iced, flavored waters as you return to the ship as well as cooling cloths handed out by two smiling attendants. Overall, it was a fun day even though we chose to do nothing but relax.

South Australia
“Disney only do it better”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

On board the Disney Dream is just that, a dream. This was a first ever cruise and I feel now any other cruise we take will have huge expectations to live up too. We did a port stop in Nassau, we had to experience it but wow the humidity on the day was something we were not used to, but still a good experience. Our other port stop was Castaway Cay, what can you say Disney get everything right. We hired bikes for a tour of the island, then snorkelled and tubed but the highlight was snorkelling with the sting rays. This was and experience for the whole family. The white sands of the beach with all the chairs and umbrellas was a sight to behold. The warm enticing aqua blue water was a great place to pass the day away in the warmth of the Bahamas sun. Definitely recommend to do this cruise as so much to do for all ages.

New York City, New York
3 attraction reviews
“Loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a day stop on our Disney cruise to Bahamas. We have 3 kids...5, 3 and 6 month old. All of them had a very good time playing on the clean, sandy beach. There was a kids section where my kids spent hrs. My wife, older daughter and I went down the water slide. We did not explore other parts of the island but saw many folks biking around. All in all it was fun day for the family.

Visited October 2013