“Great stop” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands
Activities: Swimming, Biking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Palm Coast, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Great stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

Just returned from 7 Night Western Caribbean Cruise on the Disney Fantasy. Castaway Cay is a great place to relax at the end of a 7 day cruise. No taxis to catch, no fees to use beach and no worries about missing the last boarding. We rented the floats for us and our 10 and 11 year old daughters. The weather was beautiful and it was relaxing just floating out in the water, having a cold drink in a hammock under the palm trees and having some snacks at the buffet. Have been to this island on each of 6 Disney cruises we have been on and have always had a nice relaxing time.

charlotte
“Perception IS Reality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We just returned from Disney Dream and Castaway today. I read a couple of people who stated the Cabanas were not a great value. I guess it really depends on what's important to you. First, yes you can take a golf cart ride to your Cabana (we were the farthest out at 20). It takes three minutes to walk if you prefer to move your feet a bit. In terms of privacy, yes there are free chairs and umbrellas on the beach, but I love the breeze, stocked fridge of waters and sodas. You have magazines, safe, sun lotion, couch, chairs, ceiling fan with cool breeze (90 degrees in the sun under the free umbrella).....and most of all, privacy. It was wonderful when you're around 4,000 people to have some private time. The island is great and it's easy to get around. The "family" areas are very crowded but still clean. I saw some reviews on the food both on the ship and this island. I have pretty high standards and was dreading the cruise in terms of food. The ship and island exceeded those expectations. In fact, the buffet (which I have done 3 probably in my whole life) were amazing. Had rack of lamb with rosemary crusted top with a rocket salad and sides that rival a 4 four star restaurant from Cabanas on board. I also found (even though this isn't the cruise review) the ship to be 5 star. Rain showers in room, beds were amazing, rooms were larger than I thought (first time cruise) and again the choices to eat go on and on. I must admit I am a hotel snob and have higher than average expectations and Disney delivered both product and service.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
“Ran a 5K on the Cay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Woke up on a humid, sweltering morning to bring home the EARS. The walk to the course had me "misting my face." So when we get to the course, I was in "Why am I out here mode?"
Since my parents raised me a resilient soul, I ran it. I ran it and I brought home the coveted Mickey Ears Medal. I proudly raced to my cabin to share my "winnings." My family had abandoned me for breakfast!
Any who, we returned to the beach to enjoy the "big trikes" and cool waters.

Orange Park, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Thinking Cabana's - think again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We pre-purchased a Castaway Cay Cabana for about $400. To reach the cabana we had to take a golf cart ride. Once there we noticed that the refer was stocked with water and sodas. There were a few candy bars and some fruit on the counter. NO RESTROOMS - again, had to call the golf cart driver to come pick us up and bring us back (same with lunch). Out front there was a hammock and a couple chairs. That's it. About twenty feet in front of the cabana was the beach, including nice lounge chairs and umbrellas. And guess what - they were free. This is a beautiful beach, but the cabana was not worth the money. Next time, it's straight to the beach. Save your money and enjoy a nice island drink from one of the runners on the beach.

Visited February 2013
Washington, DC
13 attraction reviews
“Most Relaxing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently was on Castaway Cay when I took a cruise aboard the Disney Dream, what an amazing island so peaceful and beautiful. The crew from the ship also took care of you on the island. The food was absolutely delicious which helped make a beautiful day! There are so many different parts of the island, one for families, one for teen, one for adults and there's even places for the younger kids.