“Ran a 5K on the Cay!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Islands
Activities: Swimming, Biking
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Bahamian Out Island currently owned by the Disney Corporation, which is accessible only by arriving on a Disney cruise ship.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
7 attraction reviews
“Ran a 5K on the Cay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Woke up on a humid, sweltering morning to bring home the EARS. The walk to the course had me "misting my face." So when we get to the course, I was in "Why am I out here mode?"
Since my parents raised me a resilient soul, I ran it. I ran it and I brought home the coveted Mickey Ears Medal. I proudly raced to my cabin to share my "winnings." My family had abandoned me for breakfast!
Any who, we returned to the beach to enjoy the "big trikes" and cool waters.

Orange Park, Florida
11 attraction reviews
“Thinking Cabana's - think again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We pre-purchased a Castaway Cay Cabana for about $400. To reach the cabana we had to take a golf cart ride. Once there we noticed that the refer was stocked with water and sodas. There were a few candy bars and some fruit on the counter. NO RESTROOMS - again, had to call the golf cart driver to come pick us up and bring us back (same with lunch). Out front there was a hammock and a couple chairs. That's it. About twenty feet in front of the cabana was the beach, including nice lounge chairs and umbrellas. And guess what - they were free. This is a beautiful beach, but the cabana was not worth the money. Next time, it's straight to the beach. Save your money and enjoy a nice island drink from one of the runners on the beach.

Visited February 2013
Washington, DC
13 attraction reviews
“Most Relaxing Place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

I recently was on Castaway Cay when I took a cruise aboard the Disney Dream, what an amazing island so peaceful and beautiful. The crew from the ship also took care of you on the island. The food was absolutely delicious which helped make a beautiful day! There are so many different parts of the island, one for families, one for teen, one for adults and there's even places for the younger kids.

Green Bay, WI
35 attraction reviews
“Disney paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were on an 8 night cruise on the Disney Magic. Our stop at Castaway Cay was incredible. Lots of little Disney details to take in. The beach was clean and relaxing. Plenty of loungers and umbrellas for all.

We snorkeled and enjoyed seeing all the sunken treasures that were left for us to spot. Nice having the lifeguards all around too.

The food was just ok, but it did feel like a backyard BBQ.

My son loved Pelican Plunge. As a family we did the Sting Ray Adventure. The island was a safe, tropical experience.

Only downsides were the sunburn (reapply often!) and the fact that the postcards we sent from the island arrived almost 2 weeks after we got home from the cruise.

Visited May 2013
“The Disney dream!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

One word....wow!

Am amazing day at castaway cay enjoyed by all of the family.

Nothing is free however so be prepared to pay even the snorkel equipment is $25, though if you take your own you can borrow a life jacket for free as these are mandatory. If you want to see fish go right out up next to the lifeguard towers, too many people closer to shore.

A relaxing day which we all throughly enjoyed.

In terms of our cruise on the Disney dream probably easier if I break it down into sections.

Food: really great lots of choice for adults in the quick service restaurants during the day. Hot sandwiches, burgers/hotdogs, pizza, chicken and room service FOOD is free!!!! Beware if you order ANY type of drink on room service you will be charged!

The only think I didn't like was the lack of choice for children at the evening meal. Every night burger, mac and cheese or pizza! Our daughter ate off the adult menu. Also the waiters will often bring the children 2 desserts! It was obvious they were trying to be kind and the kids certainly appreciated it but it was too much.

Also if you are in a smaller party you will be sat on an evening with other guests. We had a fantastic time on this cruise with a couple who had a daughter the same age as ours, but on the last one we got stuck with some real bores! It really is a lottery!

Drinks: lots of fizzy drinks,milk and water available all day on deck 11, take a thermos mug and top up before going to your room. Alcohol drinks are always chargeable. We only drank the beer which was $25 for 6. However you can bring your own reasonable amount of alcohol either at the start or at one of the ports. Disney are fine about this they just like you to put it in a non-breakable container.

Kids club: daughter aged 4 loved it made friends with a ton of kids and actually wanted to go. This gave us time to enjoy the much quieter kid free adults only deck.

Tips:
Bring alcohol drinks with you or buy them at a port.
Pack suncream, swimming costumes, swim shoes (the deck gets hot!!!!!) and thermos on your carry on, on the first day. This is when the pool is the quietest.
Get the kids in the kids club they will enjoy it (so will you!!!).
Take an autograph book from Walmart there are a LOT of characters onboard and these books are expensive.
Book your boarding time as soon as they're available to get on ASAP!
Complain if your not happy with ANYTHING. This is your holiday, you paid a LOT for it, it should be perfection!!! We made a genuine complaint about some unacceptable noise levels we got $200onboard credit, my daughter was sent a pricey toy and we were given free activities at castaway cay! This is Disney their customer service is exceptional!

Enjoy!