“Sushi is the Best!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 57 Restaurants in Villa Rica
Cuisines: Japanese
“Sushi is the Best!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I am a sushi junkie and Alec, the sushi chef at Sumo is my dealer. The lobster roll is my favorite or is the empire roll. It doesn't matter. They are all good, made fresh before your eyes with the freshest ingredients and Alec knows how to make them right. And the prices are reasonable too. Located just .5 miles off I-20, it's convenient if you are traveling or, if like me, you're a junkie.

“Will be finding a new place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My son loves hibachi so we've tried Sumo several times. Each time we get the same male waiter that is horrible. Never refills drinks, trys to get out of bringing the ice cream at the end, can't answer any sushi or mixed drink questions. As a former server, I understand anyone can have a bad night. Having now had this server 3 horrible times, never again.
The food itself is OK. Haven't been very wowed by the Sushi (which my family loves).
Will drive to Mo Mo YA in Douglasville from now on.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Smaller portions”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

We have been eating there since they opened and we've always liked it pretty well until lately... We eat there a few times a month and the portion sizes have been getting smaller and smaller especially if you compare it to some other hibachi type restaurants. The taste of the food is also not consistent, it all depends on which chef you get. I think we will be finding a new hibachi spot unfortunately.

Villa Rica, Georgia
“Sumo is the Bomb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Love this place, Awesome sushi and wonderful food. Love eating here! Everyone is so nice, take out food is just as good as eating in. We always try to eat here ofter.

Visited November 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Used to be much better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been going to this place since it first opened. It started off real nice with nice sized portions of meat. In the last year I have seen the portions shrink drastically. The steaks in particular are half the size they used be, keeping in mind that they weren't all that big to begin with. I understand cutting cost but what they have done is an insult. The chefs are nice and fairly entertaining, but the cashier is rather rude. If you get chicken as your meat the portions are comparable to most Japanese restaurant, but if you get the steak, the portions are ridiculous. Aside from the steak portions and rude cashie, this is a nice restaurant, very nice for Villa Rica.

• Visited June 2013