“great food” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Carrollton, Georgia
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

we eat with glen and mike every friday night always good food and great fun.service is great and.servers are fun.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

North Carolina
“Gourmet on a Budget”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have never before felt that I paid too little for a meal in a restaurant! I would eat every meal in this restaurant if I lived nearby. This was an accidental stop and one of the best surprise finds in a lifetime of traveling in and out of the USA. It is only open for breakfast and lunch, but well worth going out of your way to eat there. The most expensive dish on the menu is $7.50. The twist they put on standard dishes is amazing. I had the shrimp and grits and was surprised with crispy fried (w coconut coating, I think) shrimp standing up on wonderfully bed of creamy grits with fresh tomatoes and elegantly drizzled in a balsamic reduction!!! It was amazing, no more than amazing. My husband had an equally amazing beef bourguignon. After my first bite, I quipped to my husband, "I think we have found a gold mine."; not knowing at the time that the town of Villa Rica was established by the merging of two 1850 gold mining towns. So if you are ever even near Atlanta, make the time to dine, and I mean dine, at the Chat and Choo. It is across from the railroad tracks that run through the middle of town.

• Visited November 2012