“last minute stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Vidalia
Loganville, Georgia, United States
“last minute stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel based on the reviews read. The room was clean and the bedding was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. This will be the only hotel my family will stay when we are in the vacinity of Vidalia.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Thank you for the great comment. We truly appreciate the business and look forward to seeing you and your family next time you are in Vidalia!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Conyers, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

A lot on the pricey side, particularly for this area, but we were desperate for a good night's sleep!

Check-in was friendly & efficient but after initial unpacking & settling in, we discovered that we'd been assigned a room already occupied by others... coins & wallet on the bedside table as a beginner. We immediately gathered our belongings, got the heck out of the room & re-visited the front desk. They were perplexed about the mix-up (a computer glich of some sort), & reassigned us another room. Hey... Stuff Happens!

No problems afterwards. GREAT night's sleep & an absolutely fantastic breakfast the following morning! The staff was wonderful, the facilities clean & welcoming, etc. Just feel that they should have comped us (at least a little) on our room due to the initial mix-up & necessity of moving to another room after we'd unpacked - but they didn't even offer.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
I sincerely apologize for the mix up during your stay. I am glad that my staff got you taken care of in a quick and efficient manner. I appreciate the kind words regarding the breakfast. Its one of the most important aspects of a guest stay. Once again, I truly appreciate your business and look forward to seeing you again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Very nice. The check-in was fast and efficient. The room was nice and clean. The heater warmed up the room quite fast. Quiet halls. Free wi-fi. The next morning, the energetic manager went to each person eating breakfast to say hello and to see if we needed anything. The breakfast meats were not much, but the waffle and side items were great. No complaints!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
I am truly glad that you enjoyed your stay. It was my pleasure to meet all of my guest during breakfast. I truly appreciate the loyalty and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

Our family (my wife, myself and two small children) stayed at this location back in October of this year. We initially chose this location because I work in the hospitality industry (and so get great rates at Hilton properties -- though I'm not a Hilton employee, per se) and, for us, while the commute was long, this one one of the few properties reasonably close to Georgia Southern to attend a Saturday afternoon game (since we live in metro Atlanta, having to travel anywhere at least 30-45 minutes one-way is not a huge deal).

Our room was as expected -- it was clean and ready to occupy when we arrived. We have two air beds for the kids, and while the space was tight for this (not that we expect space for air beds!), it wasn't a problem. We also typically turn the climate control to ON and not AUTO so as to produce enough white noise for the kids to sleep.

Breakfast in the morning was also as expected -- good stuff. It is a hot breakfast, meaning there were two different hot items as well as a rather extensive array of accompaniments such as a waffle maker, muffins, yogurt, cereal, etc. In our opinion, not bad at all considering its inclusion in the price.

If you want a good place to stay while you're visiting Vidalia, GA or generally surrounding areas, this is definitely a good property. We'd definitely consider again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay. I am so excited that you enjoyed your stay. On behalf of the staff here, we truly appreciate your loyalty and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

This hotel is a Hampton, so you get what you pay for (actually priced a little high in my opinion) and there are not a whole lot of options in Vidalia.

Stayed here approximately 50 nights over a year and a half period.

Good:
Staff were always pleasant and often accomodated early check-in.

Issues:
Rooms were not always as clean as I would have liked and breakfast was pretty poor.

Overall, as long as you do not expect much, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Thank you for the feedback. I take these as a gift so that I can correct the problems. We are in the process of implementing new items to the breakfast menu which should help the breakfast experience. I have gotten with my Housekeeping team to make sure that the rooms are spotless and clean for all of my guest. Once again, thank you for the response and i would hope that if you are ever in the Vidalia area again, you would stay with us.
Melbourne, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

When we arrived the manager Alex, called us by name. When we ate breakfast every morning he stopped by our table to see how our night was . We were there for a golf tournament and will return again next year hoping Alex will be there to greet us.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alexcrumpton, General Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
It was a pleasure to have you stay with us. I appreciate the very kind words you made about my hotel. As a HHonors Member, your loyalty is important to me and I look forward to seeing you next time!
santafe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Nice place. I understand it recently has new management. Friendly, helpful, clean, quiet. Nice breakfast, comfy beds.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Alexcrumpton, Manager at Hampton Inn Vidalia, responded to this review, September 7, 2011
Thank you for the kind words regarding my hotel. I have recently taken over as the General Manager and appreciate the feedback.

Been to Hampton Inn Vidalia? Share your experiences!