“It was OK, but not your typical Fairfield.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Azalea Inn

Azalea Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Valdosta
Save Saved
You added Azalea Inn to your Saves list
1311 North St. Augustine Road, Valdosta, GA 31601   |
Ranked #25 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Marietta, Georgia
“It was OK, but not your typical Fairfield.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2006

Let me defend the Fairfield by saying that there ARE no nice hotels in Valdosta, and it looked nicer than all the surrounding hotels. It had a decent pool area and Marriott rewards members got a nice little goody bag. The beds were very comfortable and the furniture and lamps looked new.

I did NOT like the outside entry rooms, and like other reviewers said, it felt a bit unsafe. My door had a big dent in it by the lock like something had rammed the door repeatedly trying to force it open. Also I found the continental breakfast to be below normal Fairfield par - they didn't have individual milks, you had to pour it yourself from a big jug. And usually they have the "cleaning station" in a separate room - well here they have a sink and a bunch of rags right beside the coffee machine for the breakfast attendant to keep things in order.

I would try the Valdosta Courtyard next time. But again, there aren't any nice hotels in Valdosta anyway so it's unfair to bash the Fairfield comparatively speaking.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business

Families
Couples
Solo
Pensacola, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2006

I'm a loyal Marriott customer so I've stayed in plenty of their properties.

I would rank this property at a lower tier than other Fairfield Inns. I didn't expect luxury because it is a Fairfield brand, but I expected more from a Marriott property. The door to the room leads to an exterior corridor. I should have called ahead to see if they had any interior corridor entries. It didn't look like any of the rooms had interior corridor entries. The carpeting and furniture were older. You are allowed to have 4 people in the room (we had 5 if you include my infant son), but they made available only 2 sets of towels. When I saw a custodian and asked for 2 more sets, he said the towels are being dried. However, he did offer to bring them to my room when they were ready. I didn't take him up on the offer because we needed to leave sooner than when I suspected he'd bring them over.

The only good thing about this place was the breakfast. It was your typical Fairfield Inn breakfast- toast, donuts, cereal, fruit, danish, and a waffle maker. The employees were helpful too.

I could stay here again, but if I had a chance to drive further north a try the Fairfield Inn in Macon, GA, I would do so.

• Stayed March 2006
Rockledge, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2006

Stayed just for one night stop-over. Room was clean, bed was ok. They only had a smoking room available when we checked in and we are non-smokers. Felt like all of our clothes and hair had been contaminated when we left the next morning. Not a typical Fairfield Inn Marriott Property. But ok for a stopover on a driving trip. Would stay again if given a nonsmoking room.

• Stayed February 2006
Alabama, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2006

When I drove up to the hotel and saw an old-school motor lodge, I wondered if I could possibly have the right place. Unfortunately, I did.

I don't mind slumming it at times. But when you pay 70-some dollars (a lot for South Georgia) for a Fairfield -standard hotel, that's what you expect to get.

Aside from the outdoor-entry, the rooms were actually not terrible. They seemed clean. The bathroom, however, was VERY TINY. The tub also failed to drain properly, which made for a gross shower.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2006

I have stayed in numerous Fairfield Inns around the country. All were acceptable or better. The Valdosta property was TERRIBLE!!! I checked and and then checked out 10 minutes later. The room was terrible. The door did not lock properly. The room smelled. It was a dumpy room with exterior corridors. And it DEFINITELY was not up to the Marriott supposed standards. STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOTEL/MOTEL. Only book it if is the only available room in town - or even better, leave town.

• Stayed January 2006
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2005

Sorry, but this was one of the worst Fairfield Inns I have ever stayed at. They did have a decent complimentary breakfast, but that was about it.

The hotel has outside entrances, including ground floor entrances directly from the parking lot. Did not feel safe here. Our room's carpet was nasty because of the exterior entrance's location next to the parking spaces. The whole place had the feel of a 1970's era motel. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed August 2005
Knoxville, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2005

Stayed night of Sept. 17, 2005 after UT - Florida game. Did not arrive until 2:30 a.m. because it was a night game. Upon entering room a large flying roach crawled up my son's leg. Then he saw another 1. We should of left but were so tired we just went to bed. Also a moth was on the floor and we found another dead roach on the floor the next morning. I complained the next day and they said they were working on the problem. Also housekeeping woke us up at about 9:00 a.m. and then entered our room with their key at 11:30 a.m. (before check-out) without knocking. As the other reviewer stated, definitely not even close up to Marriott standards...not even up to Motel 6 standards. I didn't even consider trying any continental breakfast!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Azalea Inn? Share your experiences!