“Not Pet Friendly” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kinderlou Inn

You added Kinderlou Inn to your Saves list
Kinderlou Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2101 W Hill Ave, Valdosta, GA 31601 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Conference Center)   |
Ranked #17 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
“Not Pet Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Although the room was very clean and the beds and pillows comfortable, no thought was given to our pet. They provided us with a corridor room which was very far from an exit and to top things off it was opposite the vending and ice machines so when anyone went to get ice, etc., naturally the dog would growled and/or bark. Information booklet needs updating for it states room service available and it isn't. The highlight was the next door restaurant Austin's.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

This is one of those "you get what you pay for" places; it's definitely not fancy and needs a lot of cosmetic work, but it was comfortable and clean. I especially liked the beds with the duvets. The location is fantastic; lots of places to eat; Walmart, Sam's; etc. We liked the fact that half the people on our hall had dogs since we had brought ours and we love dogs. Another plus is that Austin's Steakhouse is on the premises; my medium rare steak was perfect. The breakfast is decent, but needs to be in a more spacious area. It's so crowded that you can't enjoy the breakfast. This place would do well to just knock down the whole thing and start new; lots of potential for a really great experience.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room in the newer section in the back.
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

My family decided to stop over in Valdosta to go to Wild Adventures. We had my family of 2 adults and our 2 children plus my niece and nephew and 2 dogs. We called around to several of the "Pet Friendly Hotels" to try to get a room at the last minute. I found that most of the "Pet Friendly" hotels had several rules about leaving your pet unattended and/or charged extra for more than 4 people in one room. We found Clarion Hotel under the "Pet Friendly" site and decided to try it. We were able to get a room for almost half of what I had already made a reservation for at the Best Western. When we got to the hotel, we were early and wanted to get our room, deposit our 2 dogs (after feeding and walking them) then get to the park. I was never asked how many people were staying in my room, or given any snooty comments about my pets being left alone. We did give the staff both of our phone numbers to contact us if they needed to. Me and my husband took turns going back to the room every 3 hours to check on the dogs and take them for a walk. Later that night we called to the front desk and asked for extra bedding and towels. It was provided with no questions asked. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The room we had was clean and neat. My only concern was that there would be problems with the people from the strip club across the street. Luckily it was Sunday and it was closed so I don't know how things would be when the strip club was open. I asked the staff if they ever had problems with the patrons from the strip club coming on the hotel property and the staff said they never had any problems. I really liked the pool area and right beside the pool was a Volley ball court with sand and everything and a shuffle board area. The pool was nice and clean and had a deep end and shallow end. My kids really enjoyed the pool. I will stay here the next time I go to Valdosta and would recommend this hotel to my family and friends.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed here only for a night. The place is clean and affordable. It is conveniently located in a very nice area close to grocery stores and restaurants. Also it is only 8 minutes away from the park we visited. (Wild Adventures) . I recommend this place for friends and family.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Bethalto, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Made an overnight stop here on our way to Orlando. We were a party of 12 needing 3 rooms. They got us right in even though we didn't have a reservation. The staff were very friendly! Our only regret is that we had to leave early and didn't have time to use the pool which was huge for a hotel pool! So nice!

Stayed June 2014
Waterford, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

I had researched a clean spot to stay on our road trip to Orlando.....we stayed one night, and had a nice dinner at the steak house next door to the hotel. The kids loved the pool! We would definitely choose this hotel again as a stop on our next trip to Florida

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

Did a couple of days at Wild Adventures and stayed 2 night here...Very clean rooms, AC worked great on a real hot couple of days. After being in the sun all day at the parks the beds and pillow were good and soft and made it easy to fall asleep on. Check out their website before using the Priceline/Travelosity/Etc route because the Clarion website gave me a better rate. Continental breakfast was just right and had plenty of choices to handle appetites big and small...next time we go to Wild Adventures I wouldnt hesitate to stay there

Room Tip: Check their website 1st before booking on one of the so called cheap sites