“2nd year to book on way to Florida Spring Break” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Trenton, OH
“2nd year to book on way to Florida Spring Break”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We are typically Hoilday Inn Express travelers but this location has earned our business ANY trips that direction. We travel to Florida down I-75 so this is a good stopping point for us being from Ohio. At this location, you are south of Atlanta and oh so close to the Florida border! The price here is VERY competitive and initially is what drew us in when Holiday Inn Express wanted double the amount. I made a review on here after last years stay too. The beds are SO comfortable and the bedding is exactly what we get at HI Express which is what I want! The breakfast is just enough and free making it the icing on the cake! There is EVERYTHING within a few miles of the exit. We've gone to Kohls and Wal-Mart nearby and every restaurant you can imagine again is within several miles. The hotel is literally at the bottom of the 75 southbound exit. There are wonderful tourist and historical attractions close by too. What we like to do is to sleep in the next day after making the majority of our drive on the first day. This hotel allows a check out of 11am ... NICE! And then we only have 5 hours to our destination, St Pete Beach, FL, and with a check in there of 3-4PM the timing of the location for us couldn't work any better! This hotel was FULL so word is getting around quickly that this is a well priced, great place to stay!

Room Tip: We have stayed in both upstairs and downstairs rooms. Both were great and I wouldn't have a prob...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We booked at hotel.com and we got a great deal. The front desk lady was great and the bed was comfy. We didn't even get worried about the strip club across the street. Very quiet. The breakfast was tasty also. The only down side was the bathroom smelled of urine. Had to go to walmart tor cleaning supplies.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here for the night on our way home from Florida. We arrived late at night and left early the next morning and we didn't use the pool or any of the other facilities so I can't comment on those.

The lady at the front desk was very friendly and checked us in quickly & efficiently. The room was clean and the beds were very comfortable. The free breakfast was good - standard continental breakfast. It's not a deluxe hotel but for the price, it was a great place for a night of traveling.

• Stayed March 2013
Arthur, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Nice place. Big. Older part has exterior doors but we stayed in the back part with interior hallways. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast room a little small but good choices. OK if you beat the crowd.

Room Tip: If you prefer, ask for room with interior door.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Cairo, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a very nice looking hotel. They have a very nice breakfast room, workout room and swimming pool. The rooms are basic rooms but nice. The beds are very comfortable. Hotel staff are very pleasant. Very large parking lot. And there is a Restaurant built into the hotel that has VERY good food and staff. If there was a complaint I would say that it is located right next to the interstate so if you are a light sleeper you will hear the traffic however it did not bother me one bit. I will give location a rating of average just due to it being by the interstate. Overall I will stay at this hotel every time I stay in Valdosta Ga!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper ask for a room furthest away from the interstate as possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Pearson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

We drove up to a very clean and organized clean enterance. The young black man at the front desk was very nice. I am in a wheelchair, so online I booked a double non-smoking wheelchair accessible room, but we changed it cause my boyfriend and I smoke so he gave us a standard smoking room. Anyway, after a hour of begin in our room the front desk called up and said the manager said since I was in a wheelchair our room was half price for 2 nights stay. Two days later I met the manage and thanked him for the great discount, he even rolled me to the front desk on check out time. He was very polite and the lady at the front desk poured my boyfriend a fresh cup of coffee. Thank you guys for a very pleasureable stay I will be back. Keep up the good work. Love this Hotel.

Room Tip: If its something you do not like or agree with about this Hotel tell them about it right a way. The...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
WOODSTOCK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I don't know why in the world the people there allowed a strip joint in that area. Clarion's are usually fairly nice, as was this one. Our beds were comfy, and the bathroom roomy. We ate at Austin's which has awesome prime rib. If I would have noticed the strip joint across the street, I wouldn't have stayed there, but my husband had just finished paying for the room, when I finally discovered what the flashing red light across the street was advertising. But we were both tired, and they except pets.

Room Tip: Move on down the road, if you have the time.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Clarion Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!