“Needs updated” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Rodeway Inn Valdosta

You added Rodeway Inn Valdosta to your Saves list
Rodeway Inn Valdosta
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1209 St. Augustine Road, just off Interstate 75, Exit 18, Valdosta, GA 31601   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #32 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Valdosta, Georgia
“Needs updated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Im staying at this hotel right now the vending machines are not working the ice machine is not working no coffee pot but hello there's coffee packets here for 85 dollars a night please accommodate the payee

• Stayed April 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Hendersonville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

This Quality Inn was just recently purchased and renamed the Western Hotel. We decided at the last minute to find a room Saturday morning @ 5AM realizing we were just to tired to go on. We stopped at a couple hotels and were told no vacancies anywhere for 50 miles (be nice if they had to old school signs to let you know) except a Quality Inn which we found when we arrived was now Western Hotel and they had the only room left which was a smoking room. I wasn't happy with it being a smoking but was so tired we went for it. I was pleasantly surprised at how clean the room was, how comfortable the bed and bedding were and that I couldn't even tell it was a smoking room. The bathroom door didn't shut because it had been damaged and they haven't had a chance to remodel & repair all rooms. The staff was nice, the room was clean and close to several restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

We ended up here because it was around ten pm on Valentines and NOTHING else was available. The price was fine...,until we entered the room. First, the WiFi did not work. When we went to call the front desk the phone did not work. Well, every number but the ZERO to call upfront worked. Pretty convenient for them. The bathroom floor had long hair all over it. Finally, we were just tired and decided to make the best of this awful hotel and go to sleep. All the pillow cushions had this yellowish stain on them. When I looked at the actual pillows they were all stained with yellow patches. It looked like grease or something. I feel DISGUSTING in this room. The door has an opening under the bottom of at least 2 inches exposing the outside. I do not feel this is a safe hotel. If you have small kids STAY FAR AWAY. I am planning in following up with this hotel. This should be condemned!!!!

• Stayed February 2014
Griffin, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

This place is a gem for wonderful price. Have stayed in hotels/motels all over the country from Ritz level to having to unstop my own toilet and this place for quality of service, room decor, cleanliness as well as a staff that goes above and beyond has truly given me a 'ritz' level of an experience. The restaurant (next door) was unfortunately just average but the full complementary breakfast provided made up for it. They provide much more than complementary continental; they also have waffles, several kinds of bread for toast, eggs two different ways as well as sausage. It's surprisingly good and dining plus serving area area was immaculate. They also have the most wonderful blankets. I have never seen any like them (picture a sheet quilted) and bought two. A true haven for tired (and any other state of mind) travelers.

Room Tip: They actually have smoking and non smoking rooms.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
DeFuniak Springs, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

August 5/7 stayed at this hotel had terrible front desk people . Room was nonsmoking room with burn holes in top cover.called to front desk bought new one to our room not happy about it. ALso reminded them that had 16 for breakfast in the morning, what happens no enough breakfast on bar for us at 8:00 in the morning. Called desk women at desk had attitude. here with group of teens would have checked out went to other place. Quality should remove their name.Don't stay here.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Saint Charles, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

QualityInn Corp. needs to take a serious look at this hotel. To say the least it is a completely unacceptable motel. Exterior stucco is falling down around the facility. Lighting and safety issues. Our room (246) had a smell to it. The carpeting hadn't been cleaned for a long time. The bathroom had holes and the tub area was not well maintain.I asked for a crib and a man showed up with it in parts and only one regular bed sheet to cover it.Nothing else, no blanket. We were responsible to put it together. There was no internet in our building and when I went to inquire I was told nothing could be done. Breakfast..watered down coffee and juice. I'm not one to complain but this is not up to your standards and someone needs to make a surprise inspection.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

I check in early and the place is deserted. I am a gold choice hotel rewards member. She asks where I would like....I say ANYWHERE that is quiet and where the internet works. She made it sound so easy! I pull around in back in the building behind and think all will be fine.

I turn on the internet, one bar says quality poor and it knocks you off all the time. Its so slow you cant get anything done. I call front desk, she says my room is near the signal so its the strongest there. Oh my. Since I cant do anything online and I really needed to I go out to eat.

When I get back theres people on both sides of the building sititng outside. They appear to be workers, construction or something. I get out of my car and a guy decides he is going tourinate right there! So he proceeds to do it....I give him a look and he says oh sorry sir! Doesnt stop at all. Now he has a toilet right behind him in the room. Theres also beer cans all over the place and a boombox on high volume. Lovely!

The pool was closed, but I dont use it. Maybe seasonal? It was May 10 2013. Its pretty warm by then. The breakfast selection was quite poor, although there was the usual make your own waffle that worked for those that like that.

The only good thing is theres a McDonalds down the street for internet. I hope it works! I just left what I needed to do for the next day. Also a flashfoods gas station with the lowest gas price around that day right next door. Other than that only stay here if you are concerned with price only. It may be cheap. Quality really needs to take their name off this place!!!! Long term low life housing just isnt compatable with a Choice hotels name. The owner should be forced to lay out some change for internet that works too if it stays part of choice hotels.

Room Tip: the best tip is to GO ELSEWHERE
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Rodeway Inn Valdosta? Share your experiences!