“Best Hotel and Service Ever” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Valdosta, Georgia
“Best Hotel and Service Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The Hotel is Beautiful and the Employees really care about their guests! This is by far one of the best Hotels that I have stayed at in Valdosta. I would recomend this to anyone and everyone!

Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 12, 2010
Wow... I'm not sure Thank You is enough but Thank You. When you surround yourself with terrific people you tend to get the best results. We love our guests and hopefully it shows with every stay by every guest. We want you to feel as though this is your home away from home. Looking forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Byron, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I am a female traveler and have never stayed at a more safe or protective hotel than this one. Rick and the staff are absolutely wonderful. They are courteous and accomodating in every way. I stay for extended weeks and love it.. If you want personal and attentive service this is the hotel to stay in. I would recommend this hotet to everyone. It is also very family oriented. Kids are very welcome and as a grandmother I would trust any of the staff with my children. The restaurant is great and the staff are wonderful too. You have everything you can want at this location!!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 10, 2010
We just love you for taking the time to write these wonderful comments. The employees truly have fun and enjoy taking great care of people and it is so nice that you recognize that. We hope you will come back again and again to your home away from home.
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

Just left this hotel this morning and felt compelled to comment on a few things regarding this property. First let me say this is a newer Holiday Inn and as such the decor and furnishings are nice. Rooms are also clean, spacious, and in generally good repair. Ok now on to a few things you should consider before staying at this property. I am a priority club member and stay at quite a few HI's so I have a pretty good idea of what I am talking about here. We only live 2 hours from this hotel but as we were taking a small vacation at Wild Adventures with our kids and friends we decided to book a hotel so that we could relax a little bit and use the 2nd day free ticket. I booked two "Queen Executive" rooms for our trip. I called the hotel on our way in to see if there would be any possibility of an early check-in, Whitney was courteous on the phone and advised me that they would not have any rooms available until the standard check in time of 3:00pm.

Ok so at this point all is well. So my family and friends do 7 hours of Wild Aventures in 100 degree heat and we are ready to get to our rooms to shower and go out for dinner. We arrive at the hotel at 4:30pm (4.5 hours after checkout time) and were unable to immediately check in to both of our rooms. So talking to Micah and I am told my rooms arent ready yet. So I ask him WHEN both rooms would be available, he fumbles through what rooms they have and cant find me two "Queen Executive" rooms in the WHOLE hotel that are ready but finds one that is. So I press him as to when the 2nd will be available, he calls who I assume is the housekeeping manager on the 2 way radio to inquire when my 2nd room would possibly be ready and was answered with "all i can tell you is it aint ready".

Alright now I am starting to get a bit upset as I was clearly outside of the minimum check in time of 3pm and I can only get one of my two rooms. After trying to find some sort of compromise I just take the one available room and specifically ask him to call me on my cell phone when the 2nd room was available. I was never recognized as a Priority Club member and neither Micah or Whitney tried to make any apologies for my troubles. It would have been nice if they offer to comp a breakfast or gave me a few extra drink tickets to use. We get up to the one room and unpack...and then as we are preparing to leave the room phone rings (not the cell I had asked them to call) to advise me the 2nd room is now available. So now its back down to the lobby for me to handle the paper work for the 2nd room. Truly a pain.

So while our other guests start moving their luggage in to the 2nd room my daughter and I decided to go take a dip in the pool to cool off. Well let me tell you I have never been in a pool that was hotter than the spa but this place was full of firsts. Now I understand it has been hot in Valdosta and the pool is pretty shallow but being a pool owner myself I noticed that the skimmer appeared to turned off this not properly circulating the water. Also I was surprised to see there was no shower to utilize before entering the pool. Now normally these are things I wouldnt mention but the little things really added up on this trip.

Ok now on to what I consider to be unprofessional behavior by the front desk staff. When we first came into the lobby to check in the front desk wasnt manned however Micah was off to the side sitting in front of a computer. At first glance this doesnt appear to a big deal but after having to come in and out of the lobby for various things I noticed that Micah just kind of seemed to be hanging out there rather than manning the desk. Well I finally figured out what was going on when I came back from dinner. There was Micah perched in the same spot not monitoring the front desk and I saw he was playing on his cell phone. Well there you go no wonder the rooms werent ready for guests by 3:00pm as the staff is too busy goofing off. Oh and BTW Micah there is a LARGE GLASS WINDOW where you are camping out so the guests can see what your doing. I would suggest a less conspicous place play.

And now on to check out. I cant remember the girls name who did the actual check out but as she was waiting on a gentlemen in front of me I could overhear that he had some complaints and she kept apologizing and bending over backwards for the guy. So I am thinking ok here I will have an opportunity to share my thoughts. But much to my surprised she never asked me about my stay and again seemed indifferent about me being a "priority club member" and never recognized me as such. I had paid for my rooms in advance and just wanted final copies of my bill so perhaps thats why I got the stuffy treatment.

Anyway... a couple of parting thoughts... the rooms are nice, reasonably clean, and the Queen Executive is pretty spacious. As others have mentioned the lights are bright on the front so I asked for a room on the backside. But what no one has mentioned is there are train tracks right behind the hotel so if trains going by 2-3x a night bothers you... you might want to pass on the backside rooms. I am perplexed by how the "conference center" Holiday Inn can only have ONE "Queen Executive" room available by 4:30pm. Its funny how a little attitude and appreciation for your customers goes a long way. If the front desk staff would have even lifted a finger to at least sound sympathetic I would probably be writing a different review today but as it stands when I come back in October I will staying at the HI express up the road.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Please accept our sincere apologies… Hopefully from all our other reviews, on Trip Advisor, you can understand that customer service is our first and most important priority. Obviously we did not meet all of your expectations and for that we are deeply disappointed. I can assure you every comment you made has been reviewed and discussed with the staff and corrective action taken. This will only make us better. We are pleased that you loved the hotel. As the 2009 Torchbearer Award Winner from Holiday Inn, for customer service, we will continue to provide the very best service possible. Come by and see us again and we will show you what we are truly made of!
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2010

Truly enjoyed my stay here. The staff were wonderful and the hotel was nice. I loved the fact that the kids ate for free. The food was fresh and not microwaved. The only problems that I had with the hotel is that the rooms did not have pull out sofas and no inside pool. However, that wouold not keep me from returning. The staff (everyone from house keeping, restaraunt staff and front desk staff) were very pleasant.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Arlis53, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate it very much when guest like you take the time to recognize us for the service we provide. Providing outstanding customer service is the only thing that really matters today and we do our best everyday. I do want to let you know that we have rooms with pull out sofa beds so please be sure to ask for a room that has one next time you visit. Again we thank you for choosing us and hope you will again.
Alpha Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

My wife of 46 years and I stayed at this hotel for the third consecutive year while I preached a Bible Conference at Grace Fellowship Bible church in Valdosta. We ate elsewhere but our room was fine and the young people on the desk were outstanding, again this year.

This six story hotel has ONLY EIGHT PARKING PLACES FOR THE HANDICAPPED which is, in a word, wrong. Regardless on what local law might require, this hotel is wrong to have only eight handicap parking spaces.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind words regarding our hotel. We are thrilled you chose us while here for the bible conference since you had so many choices. Normally the handicap parking spaces we have is sufficient but you are right once in a while the demand is higher than the spots we have. However; anytime you are with us and need a closer spot if all are taken please let us know and we will find you a spot.
Brunswick, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I called to make a reservation for my wife and son (Go Blazers!) and had the good fortune of being assisted by Amanda. Her parents must be truly proud because this young lady was most polite, incredibly charming and in a word, AWESOME! Note to management: what ever she is being paid, I assure you, is woefiully insufficient. Nice hire Holiday Inn, this young lady just created a new favorite place for this family to stay.

Thanks again Amanda, you ROCK!

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
You really made Amanda's day with your comments about her. She does a terrific job and so well that we placed her in charge of training others how to do the same. We hope your travels bring you back to us and soon. Thank you again for choosing us!
Fort Gaines, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

During our stay at the Holiday Inn Conference Center in Valdosta, Georgia, we enjoyed the great customer service we were provided with upon arrival. The staff made us feel right at home. The kids enjoyed the pool, the jacuzzi, and most of all the Spongebob Family suite. We, as a family, enjoyed the full course breakfast we were served upon departure. It was so much to eat...... that nobody finished their meal but me. I have already began to recommend this hotel to others who are planning on taking a vacation to the Valdosta, Georgia area to visit Wild Adventure like we did. It's inexpensive and great Southern hospitality. What more could you ask for?

I would like to say "Thanks" to the staff for making our vacation stay a memorable one.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
The owners of this hotel were smart to build the family suites in the hotel. Families love the second room in the suites and of course the SpongeBob theme is always a huge hit with the kids. We appreciate you staying with us and certainly hope your travel will bring you back to us. There are many hotel choices in Valdosta and we want to remain your #1.

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!