“great place, friendly staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #8 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Milledgeville, Georgia, United States
“great place, friendly staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

great place to stay, awesome hot tub and great suits with Jacuzzi . the only down side is there is no free breakfast. but there is a restaurant in the hotel that serves breakfast, however I have never tried it. looks good but I am happier with fast food breakfast prices. I will continue to stay there on my trips to Valdosta for sure.

Room Tip: the two queen bed rooms are a little cramped , I have been in the jaccuzi suite the king suite and t...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
It's great to hear you enjoyed our great staff and your personal Jacuzzi at our Holiday Inn. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
David Fontaine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Knoxville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Stayed here for one night on way down to Florida. Easy to find right off of interstate. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Had breakfast in hotel restaurant. Was decent. Hotel was quiet even though it was packed. Beds were comfortable. Was a quick stay but enjoyable.

Stayed July 2014
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We appreciate that you have a choice of hotels when you travel and are delighted you chose our Holiday Inn to stay at on your way to Florida!

Thank you for visiting us, and we hope to see you again on your way back.

Best regards,
Panama City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I travel to Valdosta frequently and I have stayed here several times for business, but I won't be back for one reason. It's a great hotel and I'm extremely satisfied with everything EXCEPT the internet in the evening slows down to a crawl. It's so slow to the point of being unusable. Worse than dial up speeds. I don't know what kind of internet capacity this hotel has, but it needs to be increased. I stay 4-5 nights per week in IHG properties all over Georgia/Florida and this is the only one where I have experienced poor internet service like this. I have stayed in rooms on 3 different floors and on different sides. I've used the internet in the morning and it's fine. Seems to just be an issue in the evenings. Get the internet fixed, and you'll regain an otherwise very satisfied frequent customer. Until then, I'll be staying down the road at your competitor where the internet is fast and reliable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us several times and letting us know we're a "great" hotel. However, I apologize deeply for the internet issues you have experienced.

We did recently upgrade our incoming speed and added extra access points throughout the hotel. I will share your feedback with our service provider, though, and revisit the speeds, with focus on the evening hours.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope we have the opportunity to regain you as a long-term customer.

Melbourne, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I'm pretty tough on reviewing hotels; therefore please keep in mind of the good and bad of this review is purely based on my expectations and observations. This hotel is in an "okay" location of Valdosta; not much really around this hotel, you'll have to drive to "nicer" locations. The lobby was pleasant. I was greeted as a IHG Gold Member, but front desk staff is a little "dry" on personality. I did not use the pool area but looked really nice. Luggage racks are hard to come by and have been abused quite a bit; I really wished people would take care of things that are not theirs, but that's another story.

The double queen room was standard fare, nothing fancy, it was clean, acceptable and roomy for a family of four.

Bar service was a little slow, but I was taken care of once server/bartender arrived.

Breakfast was so-so. Our breakfast was served on the cold side, obviously sat there longer than expected to get to our table or they are not cooking to order. Nevertheless, I was rather disappointed.

In summary, I'm indifferent on staying here again. I'd probably look for something different than this hotel on my next trip through Valdosta...I have been impressed with other locations in the area; this is a "meh"

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We strive to perform flawlessly in every area of our service, but we also need to know when we fall short.

I will use your feedback as a training example with our front desk team to ensure they always show the excitement we feel when new guests arrive. Additionally, I will review the state of our luggage racks and plan for upgrades as soon as possible. Finally, I will review your input with our restaurant staff to determine how we delivered food "on the cold side" when everything we make is cooked to order.

Thank you again. I hope we have a chance to serve you again and demonstrate the improvements in the areas you noted.

Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is our new go to place for stopping on the way to Florida. It is awesome. We traveled with 5 adults and 2 kids. We had 2 rooms, 1standard 2 queen and 1 family suite. Both rooms were great but the family suite was awesome. It was sponge bob themed, had a separate "bedroom" with a queen bed, and then another room that had bunk beds (full on bottom & single on top). 2 TV's (1 in each bedroom) small kitchenette and a good size bathroom. All the beds in both rooms were comfy and both rooms were clean.
They gave each room 2 tickets for a free beverage from the bar that you could get alcohol on no alcohol....we got virgin drinks and the lady at the bar was very nice and made some great virgin drinks for us that way the kids could share them. This is a nice touch. There is a restaurant on site but we went out for food. The hotel itself is close to several fast food places but if you turn right onto Norma street and go about 1 mile there are all kinds of place to eat, get gas, etc....Starbucks is over there, walmart, sams club, chic fil a....a bunch, too many to name.
The hotel also has a basketball goal on site and they let an adult "sign out" a basketball from the front desk which our 3 adult guys LOVED as well as the kids.
This is a great place to stay and we will stay here again when traveling thur the area. The evening shift front desk guys were great...wish I knew their names but they were very friendly and had great customer service skills. Great job guys!! The hotel is close to a train (I think) but we NEVER heard anything.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We are delighted that our Holiday Inn is your new "go to" place when stopping in Valdosta on your way to Florida. Thank you for staying with us again! It's great to know you enjoy our free drinks, great basketball court and our family suite.

I will share your feedback with our evening team and let them know of your appreciation for their efforts.

Warmest regards,
port st lucie, fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Can't say enough about our stay. Even though the hotel was full the staff was amazing, pleasant and efficient. We stayed in the sponge bob family suite. It was awesome! Parents had separate own room. Only minor thing wrong was when we pulled out the hide away bed there were some food items and toys under the couch. Loved having mic and fridge in room.

Stayed July 2014
It's a delight to hear you had a "wonderful stay" at our Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center! Thank you for choosing to visit us and for letting us know you enjoyed our staff and our family suite.

We will refresh our housekeeping staff on the requirement to pull out and clean under the couch when servicing the room.

Warner Robins, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Stayed here with my two daughters and 7 grandkids..We got the Sponge Bob room and Queen bed room.Kids loved it..Room we're large...food at hotel was awesome and even got fireworks for the 4TH.Great place to stay if you are going to Wild Adventure.

• Stayed July 2014
WilliamsHotelGroup, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Louise,

We are so happy to hear you had a wonderful stay at our Holiday Inn! We're glad your grandkids loved the room, that you enjoyed the food at our restaurant Azalea's, and that you had a chance to catch the fireworks.

Thanks to all of you for staying with us, and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again the next time you come to Wild Adventures.

All the best,
David Fontaine

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!