“Perfect dive bar!” 4 of 5 stars

Valdosta, Georgia, United States
7 attraction reviews
“Perfect dive bar!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Ashley Street Station is a great bar if you go in not expecting a ton of class. We all know these kinds of bars - loud, frequented by college students, etc. This one also happens to have a lot of live music (at least 3-4 shows per week, sometimes every day of the week) and pretty good drinks. I have yet to try any of the food but I have heard good things. I most recently went for their "grand opening" for the new Baytree Road location, and I had a good time. The band was great and so were my margaritas, and the Baytree Road location had much more space than the Ashley Street location. I do believe they could make better use of the space - between the bar and the tables was an awful lot of empty space that could be used for more tables/seating, which were both in short supply since the place was packed full to the brim. I paid $5 for the cover which I thought was more than fair. If you're looking for some cheap but quality local bands, this is the place to go see them. You might even get lucky and see a big-time band from out of town while you are here.

Visited January 2014

Tampa, Florida
“Definitely a disappointment...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

We drove from Tampa to see a live performance of the lead singer of one of our favorite bands. We paid $25/pp for tickets for a 'dive' bar who's capacity is 67 but was going to 'pack it in at about 150 for the show'. The crowd was obnoxious & 90% of them weren't even there for the show, shouting, laughing, bumping into everyone, spilling drinks all over the place. It was way too crowded, the line at the bar was disorganized and it seemed the "regulars" were being waited on before anyone else, even if they were there first and waiting. The couple standing in front of us left before the show was over because they were just as frustrating. I had trouble a few months ago trying to order tickets to the show, as the only way was to call the bar & order them over the phone. The first time I called, someone took my name/credit card# & tel# & said they'd have someone call me back the next day after 6pm. I never rec'd a call. I had to call back and give my information again, this time to the owner, who was very nice on the phone and took care of the order, but in person, he didn't seem to be the same nice guy...much more personable on the phone. Just very disappointed that the main reason we came to Valdosta for the weekend was the least enjoyable time. Unfortunate.

Visited November 2013