“OK” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Nashville, TN.
“OK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2008

OK, but check in was a hassle. Room was clean on the surface, but not in the hard to get to places.

• Liked — Seemed to be a safe, well lite area.
  • Disliked — Bad attitude of the staff, room not as clean as it should have been.
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brunswick, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

My wife and I stayed here with our two small children. We were in town visiting Wild Adventures and this hotel was right up the road from the park. The only issue was parking. After we returned form the park, we had to park in a handicapped spot because it was the only spot left! Other than that, the room was clean and the staff was friendly.

• Liked — Price and location
  • Disliked — Parking
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
KY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

traveling to Orlando, stopped here. clean, looks like it has been remodeled in the last few years. Entrance from the highway a little tricky. good price. continental breakfast was good.

Stayed October 2007
Gulfport Miss
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2007

The place is newer, the place is cleaner than the Super 8, but I had a problem with the front desk clerk, the breakfast is nothing to brag about but it was included in the price, and for an Econo Lodge I guess I should not complain, I just wish the front desk clerk was not so rude, that is what ruined my stay. other than that I have no complaints, the price was right.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2007

The Econo Lodge was an excellent choice for us as we were traveling. It was only about 2 years old, clean and very nicely decorated. The price was lower than most choices in the area. We used a coupon from Room Savers obtained at a rest area. One tip... ask for a room on the 3rd floor. The first one we looked at was on the 1st floor and had a musty odor.

• Stayed September 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Crystal River Fl.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

Booked through the hotel direct. As I was checking out the front desk asked if I had a dog, I said no but the room next to me or 2 rooms away did because all I heard was barking, I then checked out after it was aggreed that the room with the dog was not mine, after returning home I noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card for $50.00, I called the hotel and they said it was a pet fee, I told them it was not my pet we dont even own a dog, they were rude about it. The hotel is pet friendly and if you dont want to hear dogs bark all day & night then stay away from this one, there was lots of dogs on my floor, also the dog walk is just outside the side door, there was dog feces all over the place, it was hard to walk out the side door without stepping in it. Other than that the room was very small but clean, the breakfast was minimal but the area clean, you could not swim in the pool at night because they had electrical problems with the light & they did not want you to get electricuted, but they did tell you that it was OK to swim in the hotel next door. All in all I would not stay here again.

• Liked — it was clean
  • Disliked — Rude front desk, barking dogs.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2007

After leaving another hotel in the area because it was dirty we stayed at the Econo Lodge. The room was clean and big. The only problem is the parking lot is small. Hard to find parking at night. I will stay there again.

• Liked — clean rooms
  • Disliked — parking
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Econo Lodge Valdosta? Share your experiences!