“Excellent Mexican cuisine” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #110 of 199 Restaurants in Valdosta
Cuisines: Mexican
“Excellent Mexican cuisine”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

The food at El Cazador is excellent. Especially in its favor is its location near downtown, so it is not usually that crowded. Try the Al Pastor.

Visited March 2013

Summerville, Georgia
“Staff is friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

this was a good experience over all. we ordered the fajitias and they needed some seasonings!! It was kinda bland. but the other food we tried from others in out party was great. The staff was friendly and the food come out fast!! The beer was ice cold! I recconmmend this place to anyone looking for a great place to gather and enjoy yourself. Great location near the college!!!!

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Valdosta, Georgia
“Tex-Mex without a smile”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

We wanted to try this place to make a comparison with some other Mexican food available in the area, and it was off the mark in a couple of important ways. There is an extensive menu - though featuring too many 'specials' to feel that they are truly 'special' - and the reasonably Mexican food was vigorously spiced and promptly served. The biggest disappointment for us, though, was the service, which was American with Mexican pronunciation, but lacking any sort of warmth or hospitality. As a consequence, I doubt that we'll be back.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Valdosta, Georgia
“Uh, not sure what the hype was about...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I took our kids here on a few recommendations from friends and were disappointed. The service was lovely, which made the food a bit more tasty, but beyond that, it was not what I would call good Mexican food. My tamales had the cornmeal outside undercooked (didn't know you could do that), and my husband commented after we left that his food was less than average. The total price for all five of us was around $35, which was wonderful, but I think I will make my Mexican food cravings wait to be satisfied until we get to Houston to visit family. Overall, price and service were good, but food was just not worth it.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Valdosta, Georgia
“Friendly staff, great food, reasonable prices.. and a well stocked bar.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

El Cazador (The Hunter) opened in May. I now understand the why the parking lot is full. The menu is quite extensive and prepared ah, so very fresh.
They don’t mind substituting or adding to your order. I had them put both red and green (verde) sauce on my chicken enchiladas - which were stuffed with white chicken meat. First class.
My friend had the Shrimp skewered Alambres, with green peppers, onion and rice. It was fantastic! She got 12 med-large shrimp plus rice and beans, a great deal for only $11.00.
This place does it right. A full bar with a good selection of tequilas and other spirits, They also have a pretty good selection of children's dishes for only $3.99.
Inside has appeasing hand-painted murals, that are very pleasing to the eye. They have Wi-F (no code needed). T.V.’s are not intrusive and placed where you can watch or not, and not blaring. El Cazador also has a well designed patio if weather permits.
All-in-all, this would be my 1st choice for Mexican cuisine (yes, I said cuisine) in Valdosta. A very pleasant experience.

• Visited September 2012