“Terrible Experience” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
hazlehurst
“Terrible Experience”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Visited this location last Saturday afternoon around 4:30. Thought it was odd there was only a handful of folks there but by the time I left I knew why. After placing our order the waiter came back and advised us no dumplings available for 45 minutes so we reordered. Food arrived and a good portion was cold. When I checked out I put the bill on a credit card which I never do. The receipt she gave me to sign was $ 4 more than the bill I was given in the dining area. I told the cashier I wanted to see the bill I had given her. She fumbled in the trash and said she could not find it even though she had put it there 30 seconds earlier. I looked around the gift shop and picked up a couple of gifts for grandchildren. When I checked out I told her I thought it was strange she couldn't find the receipt and she said it was odd. At no time did a Manager approach us to say sorry about anything. Usually in a CB one will come by and ask is everything ok and the cashier will ask how was everything? Never happened. The only bright spot was the waiter. Will never enter their doors again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

missouri
“Old country cooking at best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have eaten at several cracker barrels over the years of traveling, but this was one for the record. The staff was so very kind and the food was out within minutes of ordering, even though the place was packed. Excellent service

Visited June 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dependable Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

I'm not a big fan of chains, but sometimes when you travel, it can be a good option. We had breakfast here one morning on a recent weekend spent in Valdosta. Menu is predictable and the same as all the other Cracker Barrels. Service is fine - usually the waitresses and waiters that work at Cracker Barrel are pleasant and try to please. I'd go here again, since breakfast options can be limited when travelling.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Lake Mary, Florida
“Service leaves desire”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

You can count on Cracker Barrels to have standard food so the difference would be in the service. I ordered a take-out of a vegetable plate (hint: dip it up). I waited over 20 minutes. Other take-out order were brought out and many people checked out. I had to ask twice if there was a problem. When I was checked out the manager looked at the time my order was put in and he said it was way too long. While waiting locals were checking out and they said the service and quality was lower here than other restaurants.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Byron Center, Michigan
“Never go wrong eating here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were headed to Florida and meeting friends for breakfast. Great location and excellent choices for a real variety for breakfast. Easy on and easy off I 75 so we went there. love their biscuits and our waitress was adore able. So kind.

• Visited June 2013