“Great hotel, great folks!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Rome, Georgia
“Great hotel, great folks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

I was stopping in town to meet family that lives in Valdosta. The hotel is quite easily accessible from the interstate. The property and its grounds were impressive and quite well maintained. I had a little delay at the front desk, but I think they were training new staff. Evening Happy Hours were great, the hotel is also situated extremely close to the local mall and quite a few restaurants for someone who enjoys eating. The pool was at perfect temperature to cool off in from the scorching South Georgia heat. I did leave a note for thanking the management for providing me with an extraordinary stay. It was my first time staying in a Hampton, and if all other Hamptons are like this, theyve gotten themselves a permanent guest! :)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Parkland, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

We recently stayed at this Hampton Inn as we were heading from Florida to South Carolina. We often stay at Hamptons when we travel and, at first glance, the property seems impressive. Check in was smooth and room appeared new and clean.

That evening, as we were getting ready to go to bed, maintenance knocked on our door to do some routine work in our room but left when he realized the room was occupied. A little strange, but we didn't think much of it. During the night, the a/c began to make very loud noise as it transitioned between cooling cycles and each time the unit began cooling, it was as if semi trucks were idling in our room. Not conducive to sleeping but, honestly, the thought of calling maintenance now seemed too daunting as the kids were already asleep! I had finally fallen asleep when around 11:30pm I woke up to someone attempting to open our room door. I got up, a bit nervous, opened the door, and the family trying to gain access into "their" room was clearly very surprised by me. They showed me their key card holder and it clearly had our room number. They apologized for waking me up and I headed back to bed. Soon the front desk called our room and questioned me about how and when we were given this room. It's now 11:45pm and no apology was offered by the front desk.

The next morning my husband left early to play golf nearby and I realized that between our showers the previous night we were out of clean bath towels. I called the front desk to request a few extra towels. I was told by the clerk that she was the only person working this morning and therefore could not leave the desk. She suggested I track down house keeping in the hallway or come to the front desk for towels. As my luck would have it, there was no housekeeping or their carts in the hallways, so I trecked down to the front desk, in my pj's, to retrieve myself a towel. As I get to the desk, I approach not only the employee I just spoke with but someone from housekeeping folding towels! Annoying! I mentioned to the clerk about the family trying to gain access into our room last night and again, no apology, just a lame explanation about how they were over booked.

It seems the employees could use some customer service training. With a simple apology, we could have left the property feeling a little better about our experience. We had a reservation to stay at this same Hampton 10 days later as we were headed back to Florida. We decided to cancel our reservation and stayed at a new, fantastic Comfort Inn and Suites just one hour south in Lake City, FL.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lavinasada, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center, responded to this review, August 11, 2011
Thank you for contributing your impressions of the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta to TripAdvisor. We do, try to make every guest as comfortable as possible and I am truly sorry that we failed to achieve that goal on your visit with us. We hope that you will give the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta another chance to prove just how hard we work to make sure all guest are happy. In the meantime, thank you again for your feedback and for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Valdosta.

Lavina Sadarangani
Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

The hotel is very well priced, for the area, and has everything you need for a good night’s rest. The room was a bit “warn” (the paint on the walls could use a touch-up, the carpet was warn, and an outdated TV); however, the room was QUIET and clean. My TV didn’t work when I got there. I reported it when we left for dinner, and it was fixed by the time I got back. Very nice! As to the room being “warn”, they did have a sign up stating they were doing some renovating.
Also, their pool was nice for a quick dip and to let the kids play.
Note: Get to the breakfast area early… the hotel was almost booked and the breakfast area reflected that. I got down there a little after 8 and there was nowhere to sit and lines for everything. On that same note, the hotel did a great job keeping the breakfast items stocked.

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

Leaving Atlanta late and wanted to get started on a drive to Daytona. Booked the Hampton Inn due to it's reputation and because we are Hilton points members. The hotel is in a good location, easy to find and the accomodations were good. Spacious rooms (family of 4) and great service. Breakfast was included and was good.

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011

My territory for business is south ga. I have been staying this hotel since years and would not change at any cost. I always get same service, best customer service friendly staff, cleanest rooms comfortable beds. I would recomend business travellers, its awesome to get hilton honor points, HSIA, Managers reception and wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
lavinasada, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center, responded to this review, May 30, 2011
Thank you for taking time and sharing your experience. Its always a pleasure to have you. We appreicate your business and assure to same hospitality in future.
We look forward to serving you soon. sincerely, Lavina sadarangani
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

I am a Hilton Honors Diamond Member and travel extensively throughout the Southeast. I stay in Hilton Properties virtually all the time each week.
I can honestly say that the Hampton Inn and Suites-Conference Center in Valdosta, GA is the best hotel, bar none. Not only are the rooms clean, the staff is very accomodating and friendly. There are also very good restaurants close by. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

MY husband and i checked in around 10pm the front desk clerk was very helpful and nice so i have no complaints about that upon our arrival to the breakfast area....i was very upset i asked one of the two hostess which her name was teresa for a cup of milk because i was not able to put so much pressure on my leg and she just pointed out the milk jug and walked away, she was very rude so i asked to speak to the manager which i believed his name was martin or marco not sure but i just felt like he didnt care whether or not i was hurt or i had a nice stay , he as well was very rude ...i will never stay at this hotel ever again!!!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
lavinasada, General Manager at Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center, responded to this review, May 2, 2011
Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experience. You have provided us with an invaluable opportunity to ensure that each of our guests receive outstanding service.
On behalf of the Hampton inn & suites, Valdosta and its staff, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our property.
It is our greatest desire and pleasure to provide our guests with superior service and hospitality. In this instance, we have fallen short of our goal.
We would truly like to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect guest experience that is typical for the staff here at the Hampton inn & suites, Valdosta.

Been to Hampton Inn Suites Valdosta Conference Center? Share your experiences!