“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Warner Robins, Georgia
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

We had a wonderful stay at this hotel. My family spent 3 days at the local amusement park and two nights at this hotel. The staff was amazing and made my family feel like we were at home. The Front Office Manager, Shonda, and Front Desk attendant, Shay, made my children feel special and treated them like they were the most important guests in the hotel. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast each morning was good and the choices plentiful. Overall, this hotel exceeded our every expectation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel!

I have shared your compliments with both Shonda and Shay, and they were honored that you mentioned them by name. Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize both of them for a job well done!

On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we thank you for your business and hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
S��͏D"
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was PCSing from Fort Irwin, CA to Moody AFB, GA and the Manager allowed me to stay as long as I needed until I found a place to stay. The staff was awesome, the rooms are always keep clean and I love the breakfast. Thank you ALL for being nice, friendly and very Professional during my extended stay. I will recommend this place to all my family and friends.

Again, thank you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thank you on behalf of the entire staff. It was a pleasure having you as our guest and we all wish you the best in your new endeavor.
Kansas City, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

After a long drive arriving at this hotel was disappointing. I was not identified as club Carlson member, front desk appeared put out when I arrived and did not attempt to make any effort to make sure my reservation requests were met. Traveling with a person with physical challenges of walking I was unable to find a handicap parking place, I had requested 1st floor or close to elevator because of short distance but received neither. I was placed in room on second floor completely other end of hall from elevator. Allergic to feather have always had special request "non feather pillows" which there was only 1 in room in zipper bag & front desk told me they didn't have any more when I ask. In addition the luggage carts are placed by elevator inside hotel no where near doors where they would be needed. Made it difficult to get luggage in, only 1 ice machine for hotel on 1st floor by elevator so you had to take elevator to even get ice. The refrigerator in room would not get cold (which was needed for medication) so had to use ice in cooler. Over all bad experience, person I was traveling with needed more rest & being that we checked in at 3AM when I ask for 1:30PM check out was told "No I can only allow you to stay til 1PM". If that was not bad enough maid came pounding on our door 3 times from Noon-1PM after telling them we were late check out & do not disturb hanging on door. Overall this is my 1st bad experience at Country Inn & Suites. Will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. It is very disappointing to hear that you feel you received less than. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for the General Manager, Anthony Humpel.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed one night here on our way from FL to NC. It is a nice place to stay. It was a bit pricey, but I'm sure that was because it was Memorial Day weekend. The breakfast was good. Something for everyone. We didn't swim (the pool was crowded) but it looked like it was a nice pool.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. So very sorry that you did not get the chance to enjoy our pool. We look forward to your next stay!
Bradenton, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

On a recent trip from Florida to Georgia that would have a late afternoon start, my wife and I decided it would be wise to stop about 4 hours short of our destination. While searching, I got an email from Carlson/Country Inn and Suites with a 3 day window to make a reservation at 25% off. I quickly made the reservations, and went there a week later.

Check-in was outstanding and quick, and the clerk gave the details for breakfast, etc. The room does show signs on age, extra caulking around the tub, etc., but generally in very good shape. The lacking point was breakfast. I guess I have come to expect too much from CI&S breakfasts, and this one was a disappointment. I have previously stayed at properties in Jacksonville and Orlando airport area that had quite an exhaustive breakfast. That has been up to 5 years ago, so perhaps the breakfasts at those locations are less appealing now as well.

Sleeping was easy on the queen bed, and the hotel was quiet ... and we got the rest we needed before we completed the journey. There are many hotels at this exit, but this was the best value.

Room Tip: This hotel is buffered from I-75 by 2 other hotels adjacent to I-75, those it appears that all rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I just love the title of this review, it's very clever! We certainly appreciate the feedback and hope that on your next visit we can surpass your expectations even more.

I am sorry that our breakfast buffet was not to your liking. I am always open to suggestions on how we can make it more appealing.
Lithonia, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I had the excellent privilege to reside at this Motel for our oldest grand college graduation, The kindness started at the front desk and continued. Everyone was par excellent I will return Theme Park

Room Tip: We had a room in the laundry area and we were never disturbed.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
It was certainly our pleasure having you and your family with us during graduation weekend! We are looking forward to your return this summer when you come to visit Wild Aventures for the first time.
Warner Robins, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

I attempted the stay again and I will be the first to say that it was better this time around. The lady at the front desk is always so pleasant. She's from Warner Robins just as we are. I enjoy conversing with her. Normally, you don't receive that type of treatment. It's always just a"check in-check out" and occasionally a "How are you" at other hotels. She has the best customer service. Our room was extremely clean this time. I have not a single complaint and look forward to staying in the future.

• Stayed May 2014
AnthonyHumpel, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
I am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations this time around. The feedback you gave on your last visit was greatly appreciated, it allowed us the opportunity to improve on our quality and service.

We truly believe that it is important to try to connect with our guest and actually make them feel welcome and appreciated. We offer true “southern hospitality”.

On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for giving us another chance to accommodate you and your family. We look forward to your next visit.

Been to Country Inn & Suites by carlson - Valdosta, GA? Share your experiences!