“Better Than Expected” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Carnesville, Georgia
“Better Than Expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was a bit nervous about staying in this hotel after reading some of the reviews listed. The statements about the towels and bed linens being poor quality made me actually pack towels and bathcloths to use at the hotel! However, I'm happy to say my towels from home were not needed! As soon as I walked in the door, I went straight into the bathroom and pulled down several towels and bathcloths for inspection....every one of them were perfectly fine. My next move was to inspect the bed sheets.....nothing to complain about there either. I looked all around this suite (we stayed in a suite with separate livingroom/bedroom) and found nothing to really complain about. The floors were all clean, the bathroom was very clean and everything was in order. For a little while, I thought it was odd that there was no mini frig, however, I finally saw a sign stating the frig was inside a desk cabinet! Problem solved! The clerks at the front desk were very friendly. I can't comment on the breakfast because I didn't take part in it. Overall, yes I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Not bad, but this place could use a dose of NEW, as in carpeting, furniture, bedding, even towels in the bathroom. Hot in interior hallways, but room AC was fine.

• Stayed July 2012
Fort Wayne, Indiana
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times on our way to Florida. It has progressively gotten worse. It really needs to be kept cleaner, and the bedding and furniture needs to be updated. The floors in the rooms weren't very well vacuumed. The shower, though very pretty with its all glass wall/door and modern tiled floor and walls, was not clean. You could see where dirt was just collecting in the corners. A rusty bobby pin was in the shower when I got in. Who knows how long it had been there for it to become that rusty. We always take off the comforters before going to sleep, and when we did, we could see the blankets clearly needed to be washed- some crusty spots on one of the beds. I looked under the sheets at the mattress, and it was filthy--- food dripped down the side, and I don't even want to think about what else was on there. Furniture was very "well-used". The chair in the room looked filthy. The breakfast was mediocre. I realize this is the south, but sausage gravy and hard biscuits is not our thing. There were no scrambled eggs, just hard-boiled. There is not enough seating in the breakfast area. As for the workout room- there were only three pieces of equipment there, and 1 was not working. Overall, I would expect this kind of accommodations in a $50-60 hotel. This hotel is over-priced, and needs to be kept cleaner!

Room Tip: The rooms at the back of the hotel have a view of a big, trash-filled hill leading up to the interst...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

My family and I traveled to Valdosta for the weekend to visit Wild Adventures for a concert. The front desk clerk that checked us in was very professional and well trained. After traveling all day it felt good to feel welcomed when we arrived. We were on the second floor near the balcony area. The rooms were standard but not well maintained. The bedding was very worn and the towels were as thin as the sheets on the bed. When I wet a face towels the water ran through it as if it had a hole in the fabric. Absolutely no terry attached. On the 2nd day of our stay I asked the housekeeper if I could get some more towels and the trash removed. She said "No towels" and took the trash from one waste basket and put it in the one in the bathroom which was empty and left it there. She seemed as if she couldn't speak or understand English. I called the front desk to inform them of what happened. Another housekeeper came to bring the towels. The towels were brand new and had not been washed. My husband went to a nearby TJ Maxx and purchased towels which we washed at a nearby laudromat which was very inconvenient. While sitting outside my room in the balcony area I heard what seemed to be the owner harrassing and yelling at the young ladies at the front desk. Telling one of them that she stole forty thousand dollars last year. I guess that's the reason that they haven't upgraded. It broke my heart to hear someone use their position as power. Breakfast was decent. The same young lady that checked us in was also working breakfast on the day that we were checking out. I suggest more than one waffle maker. Breakfast was very busy but the two people that was working in the area did a great job replinishing items. Shayla was so nice at check out that I didn't bother her with my complaint.

Room Tip: Bring bath towels from home
Daytona Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 06/10/12. The hotel is pretty clean, but the beds slept horrible. They could definitely us some new bedding. The hotel definitely needs some upgrading to the rooms as the hotel is over 10 years old. Nicer bed spreads drapes, wall mounted thermostat controls The hallways were extremely hot during our stay, it appeared they did not want to run the air conditioners in the hallways We only received 2 towels in our bathroom and the towels were very worn and dingy. Hotel could definitely invest in some much nicer thicker towels. When I stayed at this hotel 10 years ago it was much much nicer. It appears that there have been no upgrades since it opened or investment in bedding, towels etc. You can spend $10-15.00 more a night and stay at much nicer, plusher hotels in the area. Oh the Econo Lodge next door is not any nicer either as it is own by the same individuals.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front do not have the noise of the Interstate
Valdosta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We were given a beautiful spacious room at a reasonable price! This was a perfect ending to a long day of driving, I give it my highest recommendation. Great breakfast, great nights rest, very pleasant staff in all positions.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to be on first floor and it was wonderful!
SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

We only stayed in this hotel for just the one night,but it was plenty sufficent for what we needed as a stop on the way to St. Augustine/J'ville Fla.
One thing I thought I sould mention, the hotel claims to have a fitness center,which they do(sort of) but the hotel used one of the regular rooms to put 3 tread mills in. Which seemed alittle weird to me.Espeially when you're almost locked inside (room card) a small room with people you don't know.
The hotel is clean,and adaquate. The pool is very small,which we didn't use.Service was good good and the staff was very helful. Also,the rooms come with coffee maker,Small refrig-works very well and a microwave.
The Hotel is located just blocks from all major restraunts and stores. So that makes stepping out abit really simple. So if you're looking for a place to crash for a night or two without breaking the vault...this is your place.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn , Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!