“Great for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Ludowici, Georgia
“Great for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

The hotel is in a nice location; there are several chain eateries nearby and the Valdosta Mall is across the street. The hotel itself has the 24 hour 'market' with snacks, drinks, and microwavables. They have a limited hours restaurant called The Bistro, combined with a limited menu bar, and a limited menu Starbucks. Courtyard provided all the amenities of a four star hotel into their limited space. The offerings were limited, but far above those provided by other hotels in the area. An unexpected bonus was the old fashion popcorn maker in the lobby; my kids enjoyed the fresh popcorn in the afternoons. The pool was small, but never crowded during our stay. I didn't like having to travel through the lobby for pool access. I also didn't like the curtains to the lounge/sitting area being open to the pool. I particularly liked the covered area just off from the pool; its was a nice cool place to sit while the kids play in the pool. The room was clean and spacious. The beds are incredibly soft. It was fine for me the first 3 nights but by the fourth night my back was in need of some support. The bedding was sufficient. Ours was a light down/down alternative with a sheet over and under it. Our beds had 5 pillows each; the pillow quality varied. Luckily, many were provided to find the ones to suite our tastes. This location provides Paul Mitchell shampoos and conditioners and unnamed brand soap. All worked well. Staff were nice enough to provide extras for our family. Another nice surprise was the minifridge in the room. I didn't expect it, so I'll call it a bonus. There is a microwave in the lobby for public use along with napkins, utensils, etc. Check in and out were both no wait procedures. Staff were all courteous. All in all, I say this hotel is great for the Valdosta area. I pricelined this stay, but wouldn't mind paying full cost in the future.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Courtyard-Valdosta, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Valdosta, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Thank you for posting your comments on your stay with us! We are happy that your enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us again soon in the near future!

Tammy Buckley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lake Butler
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Started out by having to wait for staff at the counter for several minutes; even found myself trying different ways to make noises in attempts to summons someones attention. No towels in the rack for the pool use; had to go to front to request some. Very intoxicated people at pool, cursing and loud to point that we had to bring kids inside; I did complain to front desk but was not even given an apology; just an, "I will make my manager aware". Coffee grounds from previous guests still in coffee pot. They did not have or offer a weekend paper; but the front desk staff did offer me a Friday paper...ON A SUNDAY!! This was the worst Courtyard by Marriott stay ever! We were so disappointed and will not be back to stay again. The one thing I found to really like was the comfy beds. I like a soft, cushy bed and that is what they had. It was still not even close for redemption thought. Epic fail.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to
discuss with you further. Please contact me directly at my email, cyvaldosta@lbaproperties.com or by phone at 2529-241-1301. I look forward to speaking with you.

SAINT PETERSBURG
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Room was clean, comfortable bed, small sofa, nice desk area. Coffee maker but styrofoam cups (picture showed ceramic mugs). Refrigerator in room. Towels were thin. In the bathroom the light and ceiling fan tied together so forget trying to take a relaxing bath - too noisy. Across from a mall. Easy parking. Easy walk to Chili's, passed movie theatre on the way.

• Stayed June 2013
Courtyard-Valdosta, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Valdosta, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay with us and thank you for bringing the photo to our attention. We hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Miami Shores, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Tried a new stop on the way from Miami to Cashiers. Everything looked great on arrival with a new lobby and starbuck's. Unfortunately the bed was hard and the A/C rattled all night. The worst nights sleep we have had in a long time. Not what I expect from a Marriott property. Reported the A/C issue to the desk the next morning and was told they would look into it. I forgot to add that when I looked inside the A/C it was moldy and clogged.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I am sorry for the inconveniences that you suffered during your stay with us. Please contact me
at 229-241-1301 or cyvaldosta@lbaproperties.com to speak with you further. I want to also make sure that I receive the correct room number to ensure the AC is replaced. I look forward to
speaking with you.

Baton Rouge, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

we had unexpected death in the family. we booked through priceline. we had a refrigerator, no continental breakfast(you had to order through the bistro and pay for a overpriced breakfast), coffee was free on ly in the morning(many hotels at least offer coffee throughout the day), no blankets on the beds, parking was limited(we got in late the night of the funeral and had to park close to the street where we felt unsafe), only 1 computer in the lobby area, and no microwaves in the rooms. i was not wowed by the staff. they said very generic hellos to us. I did not feel like they were happy we were there.

Room Tip: rooms are nice no microwave
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your recent stay with us. If you would please contact me at 229-241-1301 or cyvaldosta@lbaproperties.com, I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so that we can improve our service for your return visit or other future guests.

Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This was a stop off on our trip to Florida. New lobby and large, clean rooms. Staff was very sweet. Great location - close to restaurants, grocery store and coffee. Easy access to 75. Too cold to swim (unseasonably chilly when we were there), but the pool looked nice.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying at our Courtyard in Valdosta. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Lexington, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We are often in search of overnight lodging when commuting from south Florida to Lexington, Kentucky. This Courtyard is a mile or so off the interstate which makes in very quiet. It is very clean and recently renovated. The staff is personable and accommodating. There are several restaurants nearby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments. We look forward to your next visit with us!

Tammy Buckley

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Valdosta? Share your experiences!