“A wonderful place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites

You added BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4025 Northlake Drive, NE corner of I-75 and Exit 22, Valdosta, GA 31602   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“A wonderful place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My family stayed at this hotel for 3 nights. We could not have been treated better or had better service. The rooms were spotless and very comfortable, and the check-in was easy and efficient. Lucy, the young lady who welcomed us and took care of our reservations, is a asset to this hotel. Evan also went above the call of duty and even offered to take me to pick up an item I had ordered since my car was being used by another family member. I would stay here again in a heartbeat. It is superior by far to other hotels in Valdosta in which we have stayed.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I left later than anticipated for a drive from NE of Atlanta to SE of Tampa Bay. Valdosta is about half way. I searched one of the "general" travel sites for rates, and BW appeared to be a good rate (not the lowest) but had inside rooms, hot breakfast. I went to the BW site to make my reservation and signed up to be a rewards member as I have not stayed at a BW in years. I checked in at 1115pm. Steven was just going off shift and William was coming on. So they really expedited my check-in. They were also kind enough to put me on a top floor far away from the elevator to the hall noise would be very minimal and there would be no noise from above. The room was much more than I expected: one room sweet style, but quite large. It has a high top table for eating, microwave, fridge, toaster, nice counter top with sink - lots of cupboards, but no dishes. The room had a sofa bed with end tables, lamps, coffee table on one side, large wall mounted television, and king bed with end tables. The bathroom had a shower only, but a double size one. Room was clean, bed had all the most recent desired amenities, totally comfortable. Breakfast had a good choice of scrambled eggs, sausage, grits, cereals, juices, etc. I'm a tea drinker, and they had the coffee, decaf coffee, and hot water in 3 urns. This was the only disappointment. The urn with hot water for tea had been previously used for coffee ... a "no-no" for serious tea drinkers, and the coffee taste was noticeable. But that was my only complaint. One other thing, when I checked in, they noticed I was a rewards member, so got a welcome bag with bottled water, a snack, and a couple york mints -- and I had just signed up 5 hours earlier. Be sure to sign up for rewards benefits ... it's worth it even if you don't travel a great deal.

Room Tip: Top floor away from the elevator
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

On our way to Daytona Beach, we were looking for a place to crash for one night. This Best Western was perfect for our needs. The room was large and clean. Breakfast was average but we really like having a "free" hot breakfast. We reserved by phone on our way and found the staff to be just as friendly in person as on the phone.

Room Tip: Pets are only allowed on the first couple of floors so to avoid issues with pet allergies you might...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Senoia, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2012

The hotel was clean, the staff was very nice and friendly. The room was large and adequate. The bathroom sink was extremely high - kind of a strange thing to notice, but could be an issue if you're short or are traveling with small kids. We arrived at night, it was a bit chilly so we didn't take advantage of the outdoor pool, but it looked very nice. Breakfast was the usual hotel fare...cereal, danish, toast, scrambled eggs, juice, etc.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was awesome!! I was a little apprehensive after my last Best Western stay, but I am so glad I went against my instinct and stayed here anyway. My boyfriend was playing in a softball tournament, and the location was great. We requested an early check-in, and that request was also honored with an upgrade. There hotel is beautiful and very clean. The only thing that kept me from giving this hotel a perfect 5 was that the walls were very thin...but even that wouldn't stop me from staying again!! I LOVED IT!! We will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed February 2012
Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

I chose this hotel based on the many glowing reviews here on Tripadvisor and I am glad that I did. The hotel was great for our needs. Since the rooms are suites, they are much more spacious than average. In fact, I'd say my room was TWICE as big as a normal hotel room. This was good for setting up a crib for our infant son and giving all of us room to spread out. There was even a full sized refrigerator, dishwasher, separate sink, and stove in the room!

The bathrooms are large and there is ample counter space. However, there was no bathtub in our room. Just a shower. For us, this was fine for us. But, if you need a bathtub, you may want to inquire about that.

Overall -- the room and hotel seemed to be very clean and the beds were quite comfortable. The staff was also quite friendly. As others have said, the free breakfast is very good and has more than many other free hotel breakfasts (even grits and eggs). The only thing that wasn't good was the coffee (which is usually the case with hotels).

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Huntsville, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed there on January 26 on our way to Florida. We liked it so much we stayed there again on January 31 on our trip home. It was very clean, and well kept. The staff is friendly and helpful. We have stayed in other Best Western hotels and this is the very best! We have stayed in other chains with suites and this one was the nicest and best value. We highly recommend it and we will stay there again in the future. Oh, yes, there are lots of restaurants to choose from only 4-5 miles away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!