“Interior corridor budget motel” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #12 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Ludowici, Georgia
“Interior corridor budget motel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

It met all expectations of a budget motel. The location is just off the interstate and near several restaurants/diners. The room was clean. It had a microwave and fridge in the room-no extra charge. There is a free limited selection breakfast provided. The breakfast hours are very convient-6a-10a. I got a great priceline deal, so I can't complain much. It really was more than expected.
The only complaint was only one shampoo was provided-no conditioner or lotion. I'm sure I could have asked for an additional, but I bring my own anyway. Just thought I would mention that in case Super 8 management reads these reviews. I've always been put off by having to ask for something that is routinely provided.
I also wanted to mention the guy at check-in was conversing with another gentleman checking in ahead of me. He was answering questions about local eateries and seemed to be giving great customer service, but when a question was asked about a downtown eatery he cautioned about traveling down town without knowing the area. He told the customer to be careful of making any wrong turns because he could end up in an undesireable area. I happened to notice an African American staff member sitting at a nearby table. I wondered if she lived in that area-since pay is typically low for housekeeping staff and those undesirable areas are usually occupied by the poor. Just thought it was worth mentioning-again in case management reads these reviews.
In Valdosta there are no real resort style hotels. I've stayed in the best for the area and it really didn't provide much more than the super 8. For a weekend trip to Wild Adventures I would recommend this motel if you desire an interior corridor motel.
If interior/exterior isn't an issue I have to brag on the HoJo on exit 22. It's clean and more spacious room for $10-15 less. No microwave/fridge or continental breakfast-they do give the full set of toiletries though. The staff are worth bragging about-true southern hospitality!

Room Tip: Be sure to check the Loundes County dept of health website for inspections. Hotels with issues are o...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for your response on Trip Advisor! I apologize for not having enough toiletries in your room for you. As a Wyndham Hotel, we have gone Green, which means we can not waste. There is a sign in the sink area mentioning that we do have items available at the front desk, and if you are here while our housekeeping staff is on duty, plenty of staff to deliver to your room. Again, thank you for your response!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Wayland Mi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

When I mentioned the nearby Austin's Steakhouse, she offered a detailed review then gave us a coupon for a free appetizer - we enjoyed our meal very much. However we didn't sleep well at all - the mattresses need replacing, pillows were dreadful and the rest of the bedding, though clean, was no more than mid to low-priced quality. The lobby doubles as the breakfast room and felt "busy" and crowded. Because I needed to move the desk in the room to access the electrical outlet for my laptop, it was clear the furniture had not been moved in some time to be vacuumed. Dusty, dirty and I even found someone's room old key on the floor between the leg of the desk and dresser. I'd choose elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thanks for your response!! Always looking for better ways to serve our guests! I do apologize for your discomfort during your stay. We are awaiting the word to put in all new beds, including the new Super 8 bedding package. I'm sure this will make your stay a lot more comfortable. If you are ever travelling through Valdosta, be sure to stop in and check us out!! Have a Super Day!!
Livingston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I read previous reviews and I will have to say they were pretty accurate. We had an overnight stay because we had a tennis match in Valdosta the next day. The kids didn't complain but I,along with the other coach, thought the rooms could have been cleaner. In my room, the carpet was stained and the bathroom had dirt debris in the corner. The other coach complained that his room looked like it hadn't been cleaned recently. Also, he said his sheets made him itch through the night. I suggest always check out the reviews before booking a stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
I apologize that you did not find your room up to standard. We do try to get them as clean as we can, but now know that we will have to take a closer look. Thank you for your response.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We checked in late, when we got to the room there was a roach that ran across our dresser. Then about an hour later another roach came up our fridge. It was too late to call the front desk to move bc of sleeping babies. The rooms needs to be cleaned so they don't feel so dingy. But I will saw the bathroom and shower were very nice!

• Stayed March 2013
I apologize that you didn't find your room up to standard. We have an awesome housekeeping crew, and then a head housekeeper that checks the rooms behind them. It would help us to know what specific problems you had with the room, so that we could take care them. Most problems with our rooms are taken care of either immediately or just after the guests checkout. In any case, we sure do not want to cause a guest any discomfort.
Newton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My room was much nicer than expected. The room appeared to have been remodeled fairly recently, and the only real complaints with it were that the beds were not the newer pillow-top style, the bed spreads were the older style, there was a small tear on the back of one of the chairs, and the micro-fridge was a little dusty. The carpet appeared to be new, and the tub/shower was a very nice, new surround style. The desk crew was friendly and helpful. The breakfast was better than many places I've stayed. I liked having the interior hallway with a locked entrance rather than outside entraces into the rooms. My only real complaint was the hallway and stairs. There was an odd, spicey, stinky odor in the hallway, and the carpet there and on the stairs was horribly dirty. If the carpet was replaced, or even cleaned well, I would have given an above average rating.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
S8ValdostaGM, General Manager at Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you for your response! We are currently going through a few renovations, to better improve guest satisfaction. Hall and stairway carpeting are on the agenda, hopefully it will be finished by your next visit with us. Have a Super Day.

Been to Super 8 Valdosta/Conf Center Area? Share your experiences!