“Great Value for price paid” 5 of 5 stars

Double HHonors Points
Ranked #9 of 34 Hotels in Valdosta
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kissimmee, Florida
“Great Value for price paid”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

I had never stayed at this Hilton Garden Inn before, I always picked the Hampton Inn by the Conference Center, but as they didn't have vacancies, HGI Valdosta it was. The hotel staff made me feel welcome and the room didn't disappoint. The manager, Denise ensured that my accessible requirements were met. The rooms were great with large flat screen TVs, everything smelled fresh and the beds were extremely comfortable. The American Grille restaurant in the lobby was reasonable. When checking out, Sidhie was extremely polite and helped me attain Hilton Honors membership.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2010

I most recently stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn for 5 nights in June, however this was my third stay this year. I travel to Valdosta on a regular basis and always opt to stay in the Hilton Garden Inn as my preferred choice. As a traveller who does not have always have access to a rental car, this hotel is located right across the street from the Mall, and within walking distance of several places to eat. The hotel staff are friendly and accomodating, and the hotel is the newest in town. The rooms are always immaculately made up. The breakfast buffet is good, and the hotel restaurant has some excellent choices for dinner. Having in stayed in several hotels in Valdosta, this is the one I keep returning to. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

I must admit I am a fussy customer but the HGI @ Valdosta GA met and beat my expectations handily.Really clean still has a new smell look and feel to it.
*****++ all the way.Love the big screen TV & Granite counter.
Will surely stay there on my next visit....strongly recommended if clean is yourthing

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
FLORIDA, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2010

I have actually stayed at the Hilton in Valdosta on three seperate occasions and have been very pleased each time. The rooms are large, cozy and well appointed. They always seemed clean compared to other lodgings whereever I have stayed. The bedding is always clean and comfortable - The beds are Sleep Number" so you can adjust the firmness (I like it soft - so I was in heaven.......I have not had a problem falling asleep and staying asleep.
My only wish is - if they only had balconies - but truly, not many hotels do.....can't have everything I guess.
I musn't forget the wonderful home-made chocolate chip cookies that were at the front desk for all to have.
And though I'm not a drinker I noticed they also have a trendy looking bar - off the large lobby area, nice touch for those who partake and if I had company with me I would have tried a glass of wine - for sure.

Upon my return to Florida in a few days I will most certainly stay at this Hilton - again.....

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
kawartha
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

Upon entering we were met with an unfriendly and discourteous person at the checkin desk , after checking in ,we were leaving but overheard the next person inquire about senior discounts which resulted in an affirmitive response , returning and questioning why we were not so advised he responded , "Well you did not ask did you "
At dinner we experienced absolutely bad service , with both of us returning our steaks as we could not even cut them , together with uncooked potatoes . The server apologised and informed us , that the hotel has an ongoing problem with the kitchen staff . STAY AWAY

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
vldga, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, March 18, 2010
Thank you for the time that you have taken to share your experience. You have provided us with an invaluable opportunity to ensure that each of our guests receive outstanding service.
On behalf of the Hilton Garden Inn, Valdosta and its staff, I would like to extend our sincerest apologies for the experience you had at our property.
It is our greatest desire and pleasure to provide our guests with superior service and hospitality. In this instance, we have fallen short of our goal.
We would truly like to have another opportunity to provide you with the perfect guest experience that is typical for the staff here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Valdosta.
Mclean VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

We appreciated the helpfulness of the staff who honored our requests on both room location and housekeeping. The lobby is stylish and well maintained. Breakfast is served in an open, light area. The breakfast buffet had fresh melon and other fruits in February which was wonderful. Eggs can be cooked to order. The furnishings are done with good design and calming colors. This is our place to stay in Valdosta.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Upon my second visit to the HGI Valdosta, I must say that nothing has changed and that's a great thing!! The staff is friendly and extremely helpful (from the front desk to housekeeping). The rooms are clean and roomy and it's in a great location with easy access to my favorite downtown restaurants. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta? Share your experiences!