“dissapointed” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cedartown
“dissapointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Checking in was slow even though we had reservations. Parking was somewhat awkward especially trying to unload luggage. The breakfast was slow and unorganized. It was crowded but that is no excuse for the excessive slow service and cooks not being able to keep-up with demand . I assume this is not their first rodeo. I just want my service and don't want to here any excuses. We also had a handicapped person that should have been located in a more convenient room equipped with more user friendly accessibility's. I am not very happy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
I would like to take a moment and thank you for the feedback on our hotel. We are sorry you left unhappy with your service and we promise that is not the normal for our property.

Please contact me so we can discuss the issues you had and make your next visit better!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Easley, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The beds are years past being replaced, I have never seen a mattress this ruined in two separate rooms. These must have been previously used mattresses from other hotels as the hotel does not apprear to be old enough to have mattresses this old and in shuch terrible condition.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for the feedback on the hotel. I'm so sorry you were not happy with beds in the room and did not sleep well. We want our guests to leave our hotel 100% happy!

I have emailed you directly to discuss the issues and I look forward to speaking with you.
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

Have you ever heard of a hotel -- one seemingly half empty -- that can't spare an extra blanket?

This is the story of how poor customer service by a patronizing and supercilious employee, ruined what could have been a comfortable night at this hotel.

When we travel with my daughter, we are reliant on the sofa bed. This property provides one thin, army surplus-like blanket for the sofa bed. My daughter was cold, so we requested another. A bored young man delivered a cotton duvet cover. There was no blanket inside. He walked away -- obviously glad to be rid of us -- with a ridiculous excuse why he could not provide a blanket.

I had to get dressed, run out to our car, and bring in a traveling blanket for my daughter to use.

Not that it makes a difference, but my husband has Hilton Diamond status. If a hotel manager reads this review: Keep your welcoming letter, keep your gratis bottle of water -- teach your staff to provide service with a smile, particularly when it's something so easy to remedy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
I'm so sorry you were not happy with your stay and that you had a issue with not receiving a blanket. We do have them on property, and we will make sure to educate our team as to where to locate them if needed for our guests.
Please feel free to contact me directly, if there is any other way I can assist you. Thank you for staying with us, while you were in Valdosta. We hope to see you again!
Ft. Mill, SC, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

Everything at this hotel was okay except the refrigerator stopped working on the last night of my stay and ruined the food I had in it. I reported this problem to the person on the front desk and the reply I received was a half-hearted, "I'm sorry." I then said, "You should report this to maintenance so that it gets fixed and the next person doesn't face the same problem." The front desk person replied "Okay".

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
I'm pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we appreciate all the positive comments and feedback that you provided! Please remember us the next time you are in Valdosta, we would love to see you again!
Newnan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stay at hotels 40 to 50 nights per year throughout Georgia as I travel on business each week. Approximately half of those hotels stays each year are in the Valdosta area, spent at this hotel. This is hands-down the best hotel I stay at. I wouldn't consider staying at any other hotel in the Valdosta area. They have an exceptional staff with an outstanding general manager. This is a very well-run property, clean and quiet and located in a safe area right off the interstate next to a shopping mall with a great selection of restaurants.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the awesome comments about our hotel! We take great pride in taking care of our guests and I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I hope to see you back in the near future!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I believe a staff's attitude is a direct reflection of how they are managed. This is a case in point. When I arrived, I was checked in by Kelly, the General Manager who was out front at the time, she interrupted a work discussion to greet me and get me checked in, even explaining the mattress settings, and discussing breakfast, very efficient, very friendly. On my way up to my room, I passed two housekeepers,separately, both had friendly smiles and hellos (really, this is a rarity these days).
The hotel looks very new, as it is clean, the bed was very comfortable, and the keurig coffee machine is a huge improvement over typical in room brewers.
After our event, we gathered in the bar, where Jennifer was thoroughly charming and funny, she really made our day.
In the morning, I groggily went downstairs to the restaurant, again, the staff was cheerful and pleasant, although my cheerfulness capacity was very limited due to lack of caffeine..
all in all, it's a real pleasure to find a place that is this well run, with all the staff performing their jobs with great attitudes. This should be the norm in the hospitality business, it tends to be the exception .

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly S, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
It is a pleasure to hear such postivie feedback on our hotel! We appreciate you staying with us and hope you will remember us for future stays in Valdosta!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We were very happy with everything we encountered during our stay. We were welcomed and greeted as gold card members. Our room was lovely and clean. the staff was friendly. The breakfast was good and the service was excellent. Our room smelled fresh and clean. The amenities in the room were of the best quality. We appreciated that we have glassware and dishes other than using paper and plastic. WE would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your awesome feedback on our hotel! We appreciate all that you said and value your feedback. Please think of us the next time, you are in Valdosta.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Valdosta? Share your experiences!