“Best in Valdosta” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Wine Bar
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Offers casual dining with a twist in a relaxed, Southern atmosphere. Visit us for a wonderful and new dining experience. Bar is open until ... Hours: Monday - Thurday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 9PM Friday: 11AM - 2PM / 5PM - 10PM Saturday: 5PM - 10PM 306 North is a locally owned and operated restaurant that features a blend of Southern sophistication with classic comfort. We strive to provide local and fresh product as much as possible. We get fresh produce from local markets. Cheeses from a dairy nearby, and farm raised meats from the area. This supports our community and allows for a superior experience.
Ft. Myers, FL
“Best in Valdosta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

I've come to rely on Trip Advisor whenever we travel these days. So, before our recent trip I saw that 306 North was heads above all the restaurants in the area. We gave it a try and were so glad we did. My husband and I had the shrimp and grits dinner and it did not disappoint. The presentation included grilled fresh, wild shrimp on wooden skewers ( a different approach), with the stone ground grits (a must), and then grilled okra. What a wonderful dinner. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu and most pleasant to us. We ordered a red wine but it was a bit warm (warmer than "room temperature") so we asked her to chill it for us for a brief time. She gladly retrieved the bottle, then returned it chilled it to our satisfaction.
The lighting could be improved (a bit dimmer for more ambiance), but the candles and fresh roses on each table more than made up for this.
We were there on a Friday evening and the bar area was crowded to listen to a young singer providing entertainment.
This restaurant is in the downtown area, so we weren't comfortable walking around after dinner, but parking is provided in a lot adjacent to the restaurant and that was fine.
We would definitely go there again when we pass thru Valdosta.

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hollywood, FL
“Excellent food, great value, and a true gem and find in a city riddled with chain restuarants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

We were pleasantly surprised at the attention to detail, the excellent quality of the food and wine, and the reasonable prices at this restaurant. Although we were in Valdosta only five days, we ate here twice and found this restaurant far superior to the others that had been recommended to us.

• Visited July 2011
outside Atlanta, GA
“Hidden treasure in Valdosta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011

Whenever we travel, we check Trip Advisor for non-chain restaurants that get good reviews. 306 North did not disappoint.

We made reservations for the evening (with about three hours notice) and our table was ready when we arrived. Age ranges of our party were grandparents down to teenagers and a four-year-old.

The waitress was so nice to accomodate our party. My hubby had salmon which was very good; one of my boys had shrimp and grits which he devoured; A couple of us had the filet, which we enjoyed very much. The waitress was quick to work with my four-year-old, and brought her strawberries when she brought our salads, and then they made a chicken finger dish for her. They could have been very snooty about making children's dining requests, but they were great.

The food was delish, but what really made it even nicer was the atmosphere; fresh flowers on each table, bright white linens, neutral walls, and regular local people all having a quiet dinner.

I would highly recommend 306 North.

• Visited June 2011
Atlanta, GA
“So good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2011

I came here to celebrate my graduation, and since it was right after the ceremony, they were pretty busy, but it was so amazing that I didn't care! They were really apologetic and helpful as a result--the hostess waited on us until our waitress was available. The wine selection is pretty nice, and the food is so delicious! They use a lot of local products, which I thought was great. I had a special that was a really amazing roasted chicken leg/thigh. Also, I had dessert, caramelized angel food cake. Soooo good! The interior is pretty.

• Visited May 2011
Conyers, GA
“Unexpected Masterpiece with very reasonable price and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

We were on our way to a cruise and decided to stop in Valdosta for the night. We found 306 North on Trip Advisor and arrived after a 4 hour drive from the Atlanta area on a thursday night. The restaurant was fairly empty but the owner said that they were booked solid for Friday and Saturday. Some of the service complaints may have resulted for weekend visits. Our server Blaire took very good care of us.

In any cases the food was fantastic. My wife has the vegatable plate. They substutued items that she doesn't prefer and she enjoyed her entire meal. I had a tough time choosing between the skirt steak and the blacken redfish, so I punted and went for one of their specials, corn meal crusted fried oysters and shrimp. It was served with asparagus and cheese grits. The entire meal was perfect. I picked a spinach salad with a warm bacon dressing. The remoulade topping on the seafood had the perfect amount of bite to it.

For dessert we shared a new item that was just put on the menu today, a butermilk creme brule. It too was wonderful.

In short, if you have the time to drive the 4-5 miles from I-75 to get to a palce with ample free parking, great food and reasonable parking, you will be in for a treat. If you plan to visit on the weekend, I would strongly suggest reservations, be patient, and don't be like the fellow who arrived at 8:50pm (they close at 9:00) and complained that he felt that he was being rushed.

• Visited February 2011