“Huge Steaks!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Reidsville, Georgia
“Huge Steaks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I like Benton Lee's because it's simple. Oh...and the steaks are HUGE!! The meals come on tin platter sized plates. Like I stated, the steaks are simple with sides such as fries, salad, or slaw. The price is average for a steak restaurant. There are a few other entree choices but folks mainly come for the steaks. The first Benton Lee's burned so what you see is a new Benton Lee's beside the river. The wait staff are fast but don't joke around and socialize with you because they are busy serving. If you order tea or water, you serve yourself at the ice and drink stations. You can also get your own to go trays for those left overs. Or, just share a steak! The restaurant is family friendly. :)

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“I pray for the poor soul who comes here expecting a good meal.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

Im a small town country girl, and if there is one thing i have learned in the south about places to eat, is that you can own a hole in the wall, but if you know what you are doing in the kitchen and know how to treat people, you will flourish. Obviously, no one told the owner of Benton Lee's this or they would not have such horrible reviews. I took a party of four here, and as we walked through the door we saw a sign that had a holder with menus in it that stated: seat yourself, a waiter will be with you. If you are intending on having a drink with your meal, you go get it yourself at the self serve drink station. If you want an beer, please bring a foghorn to get a waitress's attention, because you are obviously not as important as their hair or listening to gossip. Keep in mind, this place is a STEAKHOUSE, not a bar. Food was undercooked, steaks were fatty, and Owner looked like she wanted to be somewhere else, not attentive to customers at all. I ended up shelling out $114.00 for bad food, and even worse service. If this review helps one person save themselves from a horrible dinning experience, then my duty to society is done. This place is a disgrace to the southern cooking community, and there are better places out there who will make it worth your money and time to stop by.

• Visited June 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Harrietts Bluff, Georgia, United States
“A Gem by the River”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Checked this place out as a place for our July ABATE meeting. Although a 120 mi ride for me the positive reviews and the beautiful day made it worth checking out.

When you walk in you find a large, clean dining area and all of the staff greets you with a smile. Drinks are self serve and then you pick your table. They have a reputation for great steaks but it was lunch time so I chose a cheeseburger. I was greeted with a perfectly cooked, 3/4" burger that tasted great.

The location is perfect - on the quiet banks of the Altamaha River and sitting on the deck is very relaxing. If you have the chance, be sure to visit.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Vidalia, Georgia
“Love the steaks & slaw here !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I've puzzled at some of these self centered and totally incorrect reviews here ! Glad to know we are surrounded by professional food critics ! I've never had a bad meal here ! I've been there for lunch eating a hamburger steak and I've been there for dinner and ordered a juicy sirloin ! The food is always fresh and the slaw is my favorite ! Wonderful food and great service ALWAYS ! Vickey works hard to maintain a great restaurant here and it's always packed on the weekends ! Don't like it then keep on driving !

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Definitely NOT worth the drive!! Owner couldn't even try and act like she cared!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Wish I would have read some of the reviews about this place before we drive and hour and a half to eat at this place. A roadside stands food taste better than this place. I don't know where they purchase their meats from, but I wish I knew. Cause I WOULD NOT buy anything from them. The burger was crispy burnt. The steaks were fatty, gristly, and cold. Much like the rest of the food. COLD!! salad was just lettuce and a pack of the bottled ranch. Don't get me started on the shrimp!! They were sooooo RAW... Owner comes out to explain to me that's how they are suppose to be. I said, oh. There suppose to be hard to bite down with a very bad raw crunch. She said yes. They are not fresh. OMG! Seriously? Will NEVER go back. Even if it was offered for free!!

• Visited April 2014