You added Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport to your Saves list
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Union City
Santaquin, Utah, United States
“Not recommended”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I don't recommend staying at this hotel. Beds were hard, felt the springs, walls dirty, old tv furniture falling apart. and Customer service was not very good.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Farid K, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for your unpleasant experience as a guest of the Microtel Inn and suites Union City. I appreciate the time that you took to bring this matter to our attention. I assure you that the matter will be looked into.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant stay and any inconvenience we may have caused you. Please feel welcome at our hotel in your future travels.

Assistant Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

I was able to visit Microtel Inn Union City as a result of a layover in Atlanta. I previously booked with another motel which I found to be displeasing. The service at Microtel Inn Union City started with the transportation staff and the excellence echoed through the motel staff. As I did not have a reservation, check-in was fast and efficient: I was in my room in less than 10 minutes after arriving. The staff made my stay extremely comfortable - enabling me to complete some much needed work and receive some great rest. My experience ended on a great note with the transportation staff as well. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND STAYING AT MICROTEL INN UNION CITY if you are in the Atlanta Airport or surrounding area!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
Farid K, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for writing a review and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 770-306-3800.

Sherbert Lawrence,
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Do you want a response to your message? YES
Dear Sir/Madame: Via aa.com, I booked a hotel reservation at Microtel in Union City, Georgia for Saturday January 21 through Tuesday January 24. It was a HORRIBLE experience. First, as it is advertised, the hotel is close to the airport. This is indeed NOT the case. It took a little while drive to get from Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport to the Microtel, Union City, GA. When I arrived at the hotel, besides noticing that it's physically un-appealing in every way, which is not made obvious in the online pictures, I had to change rooms because there were ROACHES in my room. When I called for a shuttle to bring me to the hotel from the airport, the staff wasn't very friendly, and it took a LONG time for them to show up. When asked could I catch a ride back to the airport on the next shuttle run so that I could take the train into the city, I was quoted a price of $20 roundtrip, which I had never experienced from other hotels. On the day of checkout, I was an hour leaving admittedly, and the manager himself came to my door to SCREAM at me about when I would be leaving, and he and his staff constantly called the room every five minutes AS WELL as knocked on the door until I left at 12:57P (check out was 12PM). The manager told me I had to pay $20.00 per hour fee for being late, and when I refused, he called the police on me. I think some skymiles, LOTS, would make up for this horrible experience that AA is in agency with MICROTEL.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Farid K, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Farid Khan, Front Office Manager at Microtel Inn Union City, responded to this review
March 20,2012

Suffolk, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

We had reservations at this location; when we arrived, we were greeted by the absolute WORST Hotel Front Desk Employee I have ever experienced, not just BAD but HORRIBLE and Insulting. We went to a different hotel and spent our money there. It is no surprise that they had NO BUSINESS there, with employees like this running the customers away..

Room Tip: Stay Away From this hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Farid K, Manager at Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2012
March 22, 2012

Wilmington, Delaware
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

My wife and I were traveling home from a job interview in the Salt Lake City, UT area, and were diverted to Atlanta because of a major hurricane. We were trying to return to Philadelphia, however, every airport north of Atlanta was shutdown. The airline's customer service people told us that all Atlanta-area hotels were booked solid, so our options were to either sleep in the airport until our flight the next day to Washington National, or try to find a cheap place to sleep. It was dark outside by this time, so we needed to find somewhere to sleep soon.

We went outside to ground transportation to see what we could find on the bulletinboards, and were immediately accosted by a driver for MicroTel-Union City. We were told by this driver that rooms were immediately available, so we called their front desk and were offered a room with a queen-sized bed for $55.99 (including tax). The driver loaded our carry-on bags into a rickety van, and wisked us to the hotel which is about 15 minutes from the airport. Once we arrived, we were taken into a very non-descript lobby. The clerk checked us into the room with the queen, after we requested a non-smoking room (because of health reasons). The room we were given was on the 3rd floor, and as soon as we opened the door, the strong smell of cigar wafted from the room. We never entered the room, because our eyes were tearing.

We returned to the check-in desk, and had to wait for the clerk to finish a telephone call. We explained that the room had the strong smell of cigar, repeated our need for a non-smoking room, and were given a room on the first floor. Entering this room, we found it to be acceptable for one night. The decor was meager, with chipped formica tabletops, but what can one expect for a fifty-dollar room? However, as we checked the room, we found that the window was completely open. Remember, this is a ground-floor room, and had we not checked, we would have gone to sleep without a locked window. The next morning, we looked outside to see that we were not in the best of neighborhoods, so it was a good thing we checked that window.

My wife went to the check-in desk to ask for an extra towel for her long hair, and she was asked if she already used the towels in the room. Apparently, the clerk did not recognize a request for "extra" towels.

The breakfast room was literally non-existant. The room seemed to be nothing more than an extension of the lobby. The food offered for the breakfast buffet was bread, bread and bread. Would it kill the owners of this place to offer fruit??? We asked about it was were told that the hotel offered "juice"...which amounted to nothing more than colored sugar water. The bread wasn't fresh (very stale, in fact), the cereal was ok, but once again it was mostly something coated with sugar, and the waffles were a "do-it-yourself" type of deal. No instructions were provided in using their waffle iron.

The coffee was set-up in a "regular" carafe and a "decaf" carage. Since I had the last cup of coffee out of the "decaf" carafe, my wife asked the attendant for more. She was told that there was no "decaf" and that the hotel fills both carafes with regular coffee! This isn't necessarily good for a heart patient!

The bathroom floor had an oily-slick feel to it...there was something spilled on it before our arrival. The floor was so slick it was unsafe, as my wife slipped on it and almost fell.

After our stay, repeated calls to the hotel's general manager, Fyzal, provided no compensation for our trouble. While we were offered a free night's stay the next time we were "in the area", we will not stay at this hotel ever again. Like the title states, we shoulda slept in the airport.

PS- The only bright spot of this entire adventure was the hotel driver who returned us to the airport the next day.

Room Tip: Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room...? Yeah, stay someplace else!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
March 22, 2012

Dothan, Alabama, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2011

Staff was friendly at check-in, area seemed so-so, we stayed her only one night just needing a place to crash after a concert and didn't want to spend a lot. We got what we paid for, in my opinion. Small room, decent bed quality, good air, barely mediocre for cleanliness, especially in bathroom. Wouldn't stay there again, but for the $50 a night charge, it worked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2011

Those given great reviews were staying at the one at the Airport not at the one I was staying at. I stayed at the Microtel in Union City/College Park and it was horrible. The first room they put me in the bathroom light didn't work. When I went down stairs to tell the desk they need to get someone to fix the light, the reciptionsit asked me "did you wait 4 minutes". I thought she was kidding. She wasn't. She kept saying that by the time I get back to the room the light would be on. I still thought she was kidding. The floors in the bathroom were slippery it felt like I was at an ice skating rink. She did give me a new room when it became clear I needed light. The second room was no better, but at least the light in the bathroom worked. However, it smelled like urine. I was tired so I just closed the bathroom door. The beds were so hard it left like I was sleeping on the floor. Since it was raining I wanted to pull my car up to the door so my luggage wouldn't get wet (I was with family). The fool of a driver of the hotel's van had pulled in ahead of me, stop and GOT OUT. He saw me behind him. He looked and kept walking. I decided to go around and block him while we got our stuff out of the car so that it wouldn't get too wet. During the whole time we were getting our things out the car the driver never came back. If they had only charged me $30 I wouldn't complain, but they charged me almost $60. On top of that the door latch was loose.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Union City/Atlanta Airport? Share your experiences!