“Greaty Location, great breakfast, not so good rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast
You added DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast to your Saves list
210 Butler Ave, Tybee Island, GA 31328   |
Ranked #3 of 9 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Springfield, Virginia
“Greaty Location, great breakfast, not so good rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I and my wife with two adult kids stayed at DeSoto Bed & Breakfast "Nautilus Suite". It is spacious and comfortable with old style southern decor. Bathroom was nice, clean and modern. But the suite had a musty smell. It may be due to the fact that suite is not centrally air conditioned (has a potable AC units) yet widows are sealed shut and can not be opened. It took a while before room ac unit could reduce humidity which in turn reduced musty smell. There was no view of the sea at all. But the beach is only about 50 feet and one can walk barefoot to the beach. The Beach itself is very pretty with white sand.
The Breakfast were very well done. The service was just marvelous. The breakfast cook is a very cheerful woman who treated us as like family. The Breakfast alone is worth the visit.
We could stay for one night only. Next time we will stay longer.

Bottomline - It was a good value, barefoot walking to beach, great breakfast and we will go back.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Boaz, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Our 4th trip to Desoto B & B ....each trip just gets better and better. We love Tybee Island and will only stay here. Debra the hostess with great food, immaculate rooms and cheerful personality. She always makes our stay so special. Have stayed at other B & B's this is the BEST!!!!

Room Tip: We love the Atlantic room on main floor adjoins the great room kitchen...etc...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

Atlanta can be grueling and sometimes you just have to get away. Not too far or not too expensive, but you want the best accomadations. This way when you get back to the city you dont want to scream at the sight of your boss! Desoto Beach Bed and Breakfast was perfect. I needed some alone time and that is what I got, but I also got breakfast on the patio every morning with some of the best coffee I've ever had. After breakfast a much needed nap on the hammock with a cool breeze on a summer day. At 5:00pm after walking back less than one minute from the beach, I was greeted with my choice of red or white wine, and an assorment of cheeses. This allowed me to meet others staying in the bed and breakfast, and get some great ideas on how to plan the rest of my stay. I was thrilled that I chose a great place to stay, and saddened when my vacation came to an end. If you are looking for fun, or just relaxtion this is the place to stay. I plan on making this a bi-annual trip. The only thing is would change is upgrading the bedding.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

I want to acknoldge the girls at the front desk for being super helpful. I called several times to ask questions and they never seemed irritated with me, they were very pleasant and gave great directions. The properly really is on the beach. Took us about 20 seconds to walk to the beach from the front door of the house. We checked in late and by the morning we were awakened by the delicious smell of coffee and breakfast. Debra was our wonderful, friendly, "make you feel right at home" housekeeper. She made breakfast (and eggs to order) for everyone staying in the house Saturday and Sunday morning, and then left us freshly baked cookies for the rest of the afternoon. She is not only a great cook, but quite a gem for this establishment. If it werent for her our experience would have been quite different. We will definetly be back!! Thank you for a wodnerful experience, our first time on Tybee!

Room Tip: We stayed in the smaller (queen bed) room of the B&B, we didnt have an ocean view but there was...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Our stay at the four-room b & b was enjoyable; we hope to stay again during the low season. The Butler room was simple but perfect for a couple. The walk-in closet allowed ample room to store our luggage and beach gear as well as set out clothing so we weren't tripping over our stuff. The bathroom was well-equipped with lovely-smelling toiletries, hair dryer, and most importantly, vents! Jesse fixed adequate breakfast each morning and gave us recommendations for dining in Tybee as well as Savannah. He also tracked us down after we checked out to return items we'd left in the room. The wine and cheese offerings weren't fancy, but we enjoyed the snacks after a full day on the beach. My favorite part of the stay was reading in the hammock on the screened in porch after dinner. Dislikes: though the bed and breakfast states they have a no children policy, kids were definitely staying both nights. only one of the underage guests posed a problem as she screamed songs at the top of her lungs well after midnight. We were promised a AAA discount on the phone as well as at check in, but it didn't appear on our bill. We were eventually credited, however, but be diligent about reviewing the details before you sign the bill.

Room Tip: Don't bother renting beach equipment; stop at target or walmart on your way in to buy chairs and...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Sevierville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2011

Just got back from a relaxing 3 nights at the Desoto Beach B & B. The home was well maintained, and our hostess (Deborah) could not have been more accommodating. Breakfast was delicious, and evening "snacks" were a welcome relief after long days on the beach and visiting Savannah. The use of the next door Desoto Hotel amenities (pool, rentals, etc.) was also a plus. The only drawback is that our view of the ocean was partially limited (at no fault of the B & B) by another building just outside our room.

Room Tip: Ask for the Atlantic Suite.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Seymour, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I visited Tybee for the first time and loved it! The afternoon that I arrived, there was a small bump in the road at check -in (only reason I didn't give it 5 stars/circles). I called a few weeks prior to my visit and changed the arrival/ departure date by pushing it back 1 day and I don't think that was communicated on the DeSoto end. The room I was booked in at the B & B had been given away since they considered me a "no- show" and my reservation was cancelled. I was put up in the hotel that night at a discounted rate which was equal to the rate at the B & B. Luckily, the room at the B & B was available the next day and for the rest of my trip. Even though I was a bit upset at the time, it was nothing that a good low country boil and ice cold beer for supper at The Crab Shack couldn't fix.

Once I was over at the B & B... I was immediately welcomed with open arms by Ms. Debora. She could not have been more kind and warm hearted. The house had a lovely scent of fresh laundry/ fresh baked cookies and all of the linens were soft and didn't have that usual bleach smell like at hotels. Breakfast was absolutely amazing and would fill me up until dinner time. Ms. Debora would always make sure everyone had enough to eat and was the most gracious host. I could go on and on about all of the things I loved about staying at the B & B... but I'll stop here and let you go experience it for yourself!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Been to DeSoto Beach Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!