“Worst food ever - Ridiculously overpriced!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
“Worst food ever - Ridiculously overpriced!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I honestly can't believe they call this place the restaurant it was the worst most bland food I have ever put into my mouth I am absolutely horrified by them calling this a restaurant everything came out of a frozen dinner plate the food was so bland completely tasteless and even the pie was from Sam's Club maybe. My wife had soup and salad I ordered shrimp and chicken dinner and the bill was $50. Please don't go anywhere near this restaurants You will be 100% disappointed. If you want to taste food I'm begging you please don't enter this restaurant. When the waitress asked me if the food was okay I didn't have it in my heart to tell her how unbelievably disgusted I was because she was so friendly However it is extremely bland. I've eaten all over the world and I've honestly never been as disappointed as IM right now.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Agnes Z, Owner at MacElwee's Seafood, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Here at Macelwee's we believe in customer satisfaction. There is nothing we can do to make an already unhappy customer happy no matter what food they are served and I know this was the case with this customer. I was on duty and my server stated she had ample problems with this customer- they were simply looking for meals for free and I wasn't biting. The food here at Macelwee's is cooked to order and we do not buy from Sam's. The seafood is cooked to order and the soups created from scratch. Sorry they didn't like the food but no need to make up a story line for the benefit of your website!!

Atlanta, Georgia
“So good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Had a quick dinner before a show in the city. It was delicious. The shrimp were so fresh and our cups were never empty.

Visited June 2012
“Great local shrimp!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I wanted local shrimp....and that's what I got I started with the Buffalo Shrimp appetizer then had the shrimp trio. The shrimp was. Excellent, and so was the service. The only bad part of the entire experience was that I didn't have room for desert. But I must say that the shrimp more than made up for that.

Lakeland, Florida
“Worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

It's not on the beach but depending where you are seated, you can get a peek of the ocean. The food is fresh and tasty. They also have early bird specials and chef's specials of the day. Prices are $$$ but worth the amount and quality of the food. You can't miss it either. It's on Butler Ave on the right side of the street as you are going toward the beach area before you turn the corner to the main strip.

Visited September 2012
Mt. Pleasant, SC
“Average tourist fare.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Friendly place and nice service people but the food was nothing to write home about. I had the shrimp and they were ok. The batter they use is pretty heavy and overwhelms the sweet taste of the fresh shrimp. Not much of a wine list and so pretty much average. I would not revisit this place. If you want exceptional shrimp, go to AJ's.

Visited September 2012