“Not too shabby...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 44 restaurants in Tybee Island
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not too shabby...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I must begin by saying I am a frequent visitor to Tybee Island but Nickie's was one of the few places I had not eaten. I always thought about it as just a bar. I was walking down the side walk with a couple of buddies and saw a sign for steaks on the window. I cracked a joke and the cook happened to be outside and we ended up chatting. I relented to his suggestion we try it--out of morbid curiosity if nothing else. A steak in a bar? Well, as it turns out, it was not a bad steak and I was happy with the decision to go there. The steak was by no means a Capital Grille steak but it was cooked appropriate, from a good cut of meat and you could tell the cook actually new quite what he was doing. I was pleasantly surprised by a bar steak. We also got some kind of unique egg rolls. I don't remember what they were off the top of my head but they were very good.

We actually came back the next night for another round of steaks and they were solid once again. We also got the wings which were good. The fried pickles were mediocre.

I was pleasantly surprised by Nickies and will be back. It's not fine dining by any stretch but it is good food, right on the island.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

66% Recommend
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“A locals Bar with locals from everywhere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The Kitchen "closes" at 10:00 or when the last hungry person leaves. The Bar stays open until 300am. Both are reasonable in temper and prices. A nice place to end your night or start one.

Visited October 2013