“Poor service, long waits” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Iowa
“Poor service, long waits”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went here and waited 40 minutes (quoted a 30 minute wait time). After 40 minutes of waiting in the cold rain, we tried to order to go...the manager said we could, but the bar still wouldn't let us. We left and will not be back.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

metro Atlanta
“Listen to the Locals”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

I asked a Tybee Lighthouse employee where to go for seafood, and he sent me to StingRay's. I'm glad he did - for lunch, I had the Fish Plate: two good-sized, lightly battered fish fillets with cole slaw, hush puppies, fries. The fish was light and delicious. Generous portion - certainly more than I was expecting for the price. Friendly staff, easy to find location.

Visited July 2014
“Great food! Nasty bathrooms :-(”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

Went there twice while on Tybee. Got the platter that was 1/2 shrimp and 1/2 crablegs. It was delicious as always!! Disappointed the first night as the waitress was too busy to get my drink order right or check to see how we were doing. The waiter the second night rocked!! We have been going here for years and the food is always good but the bathrooms!!! They are beyond disgusting!! I try not to go while I'm there. They have been nasty for years and you think they could do something about it. The seating outside is the way to go and the fans help keep it cool. There was a guy singing when we were there and he was good but could have done without the drunk guy at the next table. Worth going for the food- just don't go to the bathroom.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hampton
“Great Atmosphere and Great Music”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This is a pretty popular place so come early or don't be too hungry when you get there because you will be in line to get a table...but it is definitely worth the wait. Lawn chairs are provided so you can sit outside and enjoy the music while waiting...go in to the bar and get a drink and relax outside like we did. Susan who sat us was very personable and helped me pick out a Stingray's shirt! Can't wait to go back!

Visited July 2014
New Castle, Indiana
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed; rowdy kids; BAD restrooms”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Very busy place on Tybee. The staff was not very friendly, and seemed to be to busy to point anyone in the direction of a bathroom. Kids were running wild all over the place. Once seated, our waitress messed 3 of 5 orders up. The food was great but staff attitude was too much for me. My first and last time. P.S. The restrooms were horrible.