“Conch fritters!!” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Palestine, Texas
“Conch fritters!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

I've never had conch fritters, so we had to try them! We loved them! We also shared some kind of fried mixture of seafood and I had fried oysters, shrimp and scallops while my husband ate the fish, and also the same as what I had. I thought that it would be a cryin shame to fry scallops, but I actually liked them! The cocktail and tarter sauces were good as well. Since it wasn't as hot outside as we're used to, we loved sitting outside and really enjoyed ourselves.
We did have a very long wait to be seated- told thirty minutes which turned into an hour because their computer went down. But we ordered a drink and decided that we were on island time so it didnt bother us as much as it did others who were waiting with us. We also decided that our waitress must be on island time too, since she disappeared on us and our food and appetizer were brought out by other people. If you want to listen to a man sing great covers and just relax take your time and eat, come to Stingrays.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Barnes, Kansas
“Do not go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Avoid Stingray's. The food was disappointing, the no talent bum blasted his music so loud you could not carry on a conversation with anyone at your table. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

Visited July 2013
Orange Park, Florida
“Very Noisy but good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Be aware you have to pay to park but you have to pay to park everywhere on Tybee Island.
Shrimp and Scallop platter was very good.
Good place to go with a small group of friends. Inside has limited tables for eating and is very noisy being right next to the bar. Better to sit outside if you want to be able to hold a conversation. Outside seating gets very hot in summer (not too much shade). Recommend going later in the day.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charleston, SC
“Long wait, but worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were told 30-40 minutes, and I would guess and say it took 45. No problem, nice misty waiting area to wait in. My first thought is that the fried crab balls were one of the best tasting seafood appetizers I have ever eaten. Even better with tartar sauce. The she crab soup is okay, but definitely not the best I have ever eaten.

The group I was with ate crab legs, but I have never been that hardcore of a seafood eater as they are, so I went with the fish plate. Very satisfied, and so was everyone else.

Lastly, I have to give Stingray's a rave on their customer service. The reason for that is I noticed some metal object resembling a staple in my ice water. We decided to bring it to the server's attention for safety purposes with future guests in mind, otherwise, I would have simply let it slide and not brought it up to him. We had it explained to us that their ice machine would not work, so they had to go buy bags of ice which were held together with these staple type objects. The staff at Stingray's was super cool, apologized a couple of times, and gave us one of our dinners for free.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
De Queen, Arkansas, Usa
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Good food, but not great. We had heard rave reviews and were short of impressed. Great waitresses and staff and the food came quickly. The building is neat and the restaurant is easy to access.

Visited July 2013