“Dolphin Reef Restaurant” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #35 of 44 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Buffet, Late Night, Dessert
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located Oceanfront at 15th Street inside Ocean Plaza Beach Resort
Description: You are invited to dine at the Dolphin Reef Oceanfront Restaurant & Bar where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and nearby sandy beaches. Dolphin Reef features a flavorful fusion of American and Southern cuisines with an emphasis on fresh seafood, all presented in a unique underwater themed environment to make your dining experience memorable. Located in the Ocean Plaza Beach Resort, we are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We are also Tybee Island's premier banquet and special event facility. Come to Dolphin Reef where the only thing more spectacular than our food is the view. Tour groups are welcome, and we offer a kid's menu. Advance reservations are requested for groups of 8 or more people. Dolphin Reef is located 20 minutes East of Savannah, Georgia on U.S. Highway 80. Parking is free. Be sure to park inside Ocean Plaza Resort's parking lot.
Stone Mountain, Georgia, United States
“Dolphin Reef Restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I ordered the gumbo and expected it to be great because of the seafood in the area. When I got my order it was just average. The staff was unprofessional as they argued with each other in front of customers. One waitress went as far as to tell me that she is a Bad Bit##. One waitress fell as she unknowingly walked across an unmarked wet floor. As humiliated as the waitress was the manager made a comedic relief of the situation. After the waitress fell one of the workers put out a wet floor sign. Can you say "sue"? Any other person would be taking that to the court as I type. Imagine if a customer had fallen. Would the manager had been that stupid then? I don't know if I would return to this establishment!

Visited June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Eatonton, Georgia
“Ocean Plaza Restaurant and BaR!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

I'd like to let anyone who is considering the stay at the Ocean Plaza Resort know that you can't find a better place on Tybee to stay! I absolutely fell in LOVE with the well maintained, well organized bars...inside and out, thanks to TEE and ANDIE!!! They are a "must request" to anyone who loves great drinks and good company!! The drinks at the bar were awesome...I do however think that the bar manager, TAYLOR, needs more training or a different position...she was kind of clueless as if she didn't know what was going on (at anytime) until the end of her shift. The restaurant was great! We have stayed the past 4 years at the Ocean Plaza and the chef has to be by far the best you will find in Tybee...I'd go to say the best period!! Please consider your stay at the Ocean Plaza and Dolphin Reef Restaurant and look forward to coming back for years to come!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Elberton, Georgia
“AWFUL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Don't even waste your money, it sucked! Bartender didn't know how to mix any drinks that were worth drinking. Had to wait an hour or more to receive our food, and when we did it wasn't fit to eat. The fish was suppose to be halibut, but it was frozen grouper instead and smelled bad, scallops also smelled bad. Tried them and about puked. They tasted as bad as they smelled. Total waste of money. Went to Joe's crab shack the next night and was very impressed!

Visited June 2013
“Good view and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Like the waiter we had,very accommodating. Ask for Eric when you go and you will have outstanding service!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kennesaw, Georgia, United States
“Ocean Plaza Resort Dolphin Reef Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The first person who helped me at the bar made a horrible Long Island Iced tea. Tee made one for me and it was the bomb, We had a good conversation over my meal and made me another killer Long Island. Food, drink and conversation was wonderful. It was my birthday and she made sure I enjoyed it. Thank you Tee. I hope you are there everytime I go to the Dolphin Reef Restaurant Lounge. I am loving it here. Gwen Carder.

• Visited May 2013