“Could have been so much better.” 3 of 5 stars

(912) 786-8400
Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located Oceanfront at 15th Street inside Ocean Plaza Beach Resort
Description: You are invited to dine at the Dolphin Reef Oceanfront Restaurant & Bar where you can enjoy a breathtaking view of the Atlantic Ocean and nearby sandy beaches. Dolphin Reef features a flavorful fusion of American and Southern cuisines with an emphasis on fresh seafood, all presented in a unique underwater themed environment to make your dining experience memorable. Located in the Ocean Plaza Beach Resort, we are open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We are also Tybee Island's premier banquet and special event facility. Come to Dolphin Reef where the only thing more spectacular than our food is the view. Tour groups are welcome, and we offer a kid's menu. Advance reservations are requested for groups of 8 or more people. Dolphin Reef is located 20 minutes East of Savannah, Georgia on U.S. Highway 80. Parking is free. Be sure to park inside Ocean Plaza Resort's parking lot.
“Could have been so much better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

We were very excited to dine at the Dolphin Reef Restaurant as it was close to our hotel and promised nice ocean views while we ate. We arrived and you take an elevator that opens to the second floor. When the doors opened we were greeted by the hostess and observed the decor was very nice and upscale looking. We also saw it wasn't very packed, but the hostess told us it was a 25 minute wait for a table. This seemed odd as there were many open tables next to the window. At any rate we decided to sit at the bar and wait. The bartenders were very friendly and served us some tasty drinks and we learned about rainbow shots.

We were finally seated at a table next to the window with a nice view of the ocean. From then on the staff seemed disorganized and rushed; maybe they were short handed, but with those fancy ear pieces, I expected a little more organization. Our waitress was friendly but not the most attentive. My fiancé had the crab legs with sweet potato waffle fries and rice, she said the crab legs were delicious but the waffle fries needed something other than ketchup to eat them with; not a good combo. I had the jerk chicken and it was delicious, the sides(rice and fries) were ok.

This place could have been so much better and should have been. Maybe they were having an off day or something, but as one if Tybee's fanciest restaurants, we expected more.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
“It was terrible!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

Was very very unhappy with the Dolphin Reef restaurant in Tybee. We were seated a few minutes after we arrived. That was great! Then we ordered. We then waited and waited finally the server came and said their grille was broken. It took an hour and 15 minutes to get our food. The service was very poor, The food Was cold & we paid $19.00 a plate. Only for enough food to feed a 5 year old!!! Are you serious?!? I will never go back there and would never recommend it!! It was not worth the wait.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Marvelous Margarita!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Tee, Bartender at Dolpin Reef, makes the absolute best Margarita I have ever had!! I will definitely be back here again!!
Daryl

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“If your vice is food then this is the place to be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I had an excellent experience here at the Dolphin Reef. I have been her 3 times in a two day period and usually when I'm on vacation I never eat at the same place twice. The food is excellent that cannot be said enough but what really brought me back and what compelled me to write this review was the fabulous customer service. Tee the bartender and Lex a server made me feel like a regular. In the short time we spent interacting I was treated so well I was astonished, I was never left wanting for anything. Annnnnd now to what made this whole experience over the top. I love mojitos. A lot. I usually try t.hem whereever I go and I made a request for one that wasn't listed on the menu. Well without batting an eyelash Tee said sure. Most of the time when I ask for a mojito I get a groan because they can be quite time consuming. This mojito that I was served was amazing, made my day in fact. Dragonberry mango mojito I and Lex affectionatly dubbed The Mango "Tee" Mojito. Top notch stuff all the way around. Spectacular.

Warner Robins, Georgia
“Love this restaurant!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We come to this restaurant every time we are in Tybee. They have great food & service. The view is killer so make sure you get a window seat!! We have actually seen dolphins in the ocean from this restaurant too. We have only come for lunch but it is always delicious!

• Visited July 2012