“Yummy” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
West Palm Beach, Florida
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Great food. Stayed in Savannah and went to see Fort Pulaski and this was close by. Read great reviews so had to check it out. Had to wait outside( the norm, it was a little cold, probably not so fun on a cold day) but only waited 10 minutes (Monday morning). :) Ordered one of the specials it was delicious. Service was acceptable. Decor was minimal ,but not offensive. I would recommend for the location proximity to the beach and great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

78% Recommend
Cincinnati, Ohio
“$15 omelet and loud 80s rock.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

No free parking, no wait on a weekday, Loud. Dark. Don't take american express. My $15 lo country omelet was nothing special. Potatoes, sausage, shrimp - bland. Served with grits, if you like that sort of thing, and really thick under toasted bread - one slice. No return trip necessary.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
West Columbia, South Carolina
“A little different place, a lot of great flavor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We saw this place and thought it might be interesting, but then decided to try another place for brunch instead. As we checked out of our hotel, the manager advised that The Breakfast Club was the place to go. She said we might have to wait in line, but it would be worth it. I typically value advise like that from a local, we decided to go check it out.

When we got there we saw that the line was out the door. I tend to be impatient when it comes to waiting, so I was a bit disappointed. Until I saw the door and realized that the line starts at the door, there is no waiting inside the restaurant. That was different, but on the other hand, we didn't have to wait as long as I had originally expected.

Once we were seated, the hostess took our drink order and provided us with menus. After a few minutes the server came over his deep baritone voice caused us both to do a double take! We asked for a few more minutes because the menu had such a variety of interesting offerings that it was hard for each of us to decide. Some of their offerings included a PMS omelette (Parmesan cheese, Mushrooms, Spinach), Helen's Solidarity (aka Grill Cleaner's Special), Philly Steak omelette, Blackhawk Breakfast Burrito (with chorizo made fresh in house) and a Chicago Bear burger.

We decided on Helen's Solidarity and the Omelette Luigi (fresh made hot/sweet Italian sausage with spinach, garlic, bell peppers and served with marinara sauce) and we split them between us. Both of the dishes were absolutely fantastic and far superior to anything that you would find at any "ordinary" breakfast restaurant.

The service we very good as well. Even though the place was full and our server had several tables to take care of, my coffee cup never got more than half empty without him asking if I wanted to have it refilled. We will most definitely be dining here again on our next visit to Tybee.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Elmhurst, IL
“World Famous? Hmm not sure the name fits”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

Some friends had told us to not miss breakfast here. There was a wait with several empty tables within view and we were seated within 5 mins. It was the off season, so I assume most of the diners were locals. Our waitress, obviously a seasoned veteran, wanted to take our food order within seconds of handing us the menu and since we were new to the restaurant we asked to order drinks and look at the menu. She sighed and said "i take drink and food orders at the same time, I am going to let this table of 8 order and get back to you". The menu was full of egg specials and omelettes, and having an egg allergy that left me with 3 options: waffles, meat or their loaded hashbrowns. I opted for the hashbrowns (grilled onions, bacon, ricotta) and a side of ham. The hashbrowns were a sandwich for lack of a better description with all of the filling in the middle. They arrived piping hot. I didnt need the generous side order of ham because there must have been 6 slices of bacon alone in the huge order of hashbrowns. A half order would be a nice option to order but the waitress told me no half orders allowed. My husband had 2 eggs over easy, sausage, grits and toast. In his words, "how can you screw up eggs?" It was a good breakfast, world famous? I doubt it. Worst part was the check was $27 for average breakfast. We planned to eat breakfast across the street the following day.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Fairmont, Minnesota
“Tybee Island visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Wow! Fantastic food! We enjoyed watching the cooks prepare the food and the breakfast was one of the best that we had in a long time. The coffee is hot and strong, just the way that we like it! There may be a little wait, but it is worth it!

Visited September 2013