“Fun Experience - Pricey Breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Cafe
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch
Mooresville, North Carolina
“Fun Experience - Pricey Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Based on what we read and researched, my family and I made a point to stop here during our recent vacation on Tybee. We got up early that morning, and rode our bikes down to be there at opening. There was just one person waiting, so we got right in. We sat at the counter to watch the cooking. The staff was friendly enough - no complaints. They refilled our coffee and water many times without our having to ask...that's a plus! The breakfast menu was fairly extensive - but be warned it's on the pricey side for breakfast. Our various omelets and breakfast items arrived and were very tasty, and the portions were large. All in all, we had a great time and would go back the next time we're on Tybee!

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Really great food worth waiting for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

This is a really great restaurant. I recommend the Windjammer - hash browns with the works! I sat at the counter and watched the food being prepared. Good, real ingredients prepared well. The service was friendly and efficient. I believe the waits come from the small kitchen - two flat tops that became full while tables were empty. I did not mind, this was great food. I will go back.

savannah
“always worth a wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

extraordinary diner w seafood flair generous portions ive liked "Helen's Solidarity" and "Dueling Fishies"

Decatur, Georgia
“No soup for you!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Quirkiness gone wrong. They make you wait outside to be seated (even while it's raining). We got there right as it opened and still had to wait about 10 min. to get a table even though there were only 2 people ahead of us. I think years of being the only breakfast game in town has caused their once quirky/quaint servers to become rude, flippant and slow. Food was barely passable.

North Augusta, South Carolina
“Chicago Bear Burger/super cool people”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I believe that this menu item certainly deserves the title of best burger in Savannah, although this is the only place I have had one here while on vacation.

One huge plus is that you see it prepared right in front of you if you sit at the counter, which I was told upon entering that is the only seating that was available (good sign that they are doing something right!). Oh, by the way, you don't enter from the front, but from the side. Apparently, you also have to wait for them to let you in this side door, so that's different but not at all in a bad way. The aspect of teamwork is definitely existent among the grill cooks, which results in efficient preparation and service.

Another rave I have is the fresh baked bun. That speaks for itself, in my opinion. I didn't get creative with any grilled onions, mushrooms, bacon, et cetera, but this was a fantastic burger with simply the lettuce, pickle, and ketchup they brought out. As an alternative to simple french fries, I received a generous portion grilled potato slices on the side.

Everyone here has a great sense of hospitality. I was asked by two guys on the grill what I wanted on the burger, other than what already comes on it. After my response of "just the way you make it," one of them jokingly stated that he was probably going to ask me three more times. Another brought out my food and said they would be walking back and forth, and to let them know if I needed anything. Two asked how my food was, and as you can tell, I had to say it was very good. Thank you for being so welcoming on my first visit to this conveniently located restaurant in relation to the Howard Johnson directly across the street. Worth all $12.95 plus tax, and will be on my mind even if not staying this close to The Breakfast Club.

• Visited July 2013