“Best. Seafood. EVER” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 48 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Summerville, South Carolina
“Best. Seafood. EVER”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I ate at this restaurant in 2007 and have dreamed about it ever since. I have even called to see if they can somehow ship their seafood platter to me. Sadly, they cannot. When my family and I decided to return to Tybee Island for our 2013 vacation, this restaurant is on the "short list" of places to go. You will not be disappointed. Please note: Trip Advisor requires you to say when you visited a place in order to write a review. My first visit was August of 2007 and my next visit will be September 2013.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Loveeee this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We went with a group of 30 people and it was awesome! The seafood was soooo fresh! I wish they had one of these in my area!

Visited March 2013
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
“Must go...inside!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Fantastic food, and worth the ride from Savannah, but do yourself a favor and choose the indoor seating option. My fiance and I went for an evening dinner and I was attacked by sand gnats, constantly. It ruined the experience and the ambiance, as it would have been great if it wasn't for this issue. I was told by staff they are not always out but don't take the chance. To top if off their bites itch for days after!

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Houston, Texas
“Worth the wait.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were on our way to another restaurant and missed out turn, so glad we did. The parking lot to this place is a challenge. Do not let that stop you. The wait will be long do not let that stop you. The food is worth it, the fact that you are on the "water", and in such a laid back soroundings is fantastic. It is very interactive, cat reserve, gator fishing, and gift shop. If you are looking for fine dining keep looking.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Thomas, West Virginia, United States
“Terrible....will never go back.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The only good thing I can say about our visit is that we had a really sweet and attentive waitress. The place is filthy and the food is terrible. We ordered the captains special platter. Very bland and way over-cooked. Come on...do our planet a favor and buy some real dishes. Everything served in/on styrofoam? Really?! You could at least buy some compostable paper plates and cups. Shame on you Crab Shack! Can't imagine the amount of trash you are putting in the landfill:(
There is also something really sad and strange with all of the caged birds and alligators. Not something I want to see when I am at a restaurant.

• Visited March 2013