“It was just ok” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #38 of 44 restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Now featuring Steam Pot and Low Country Boil platters for one, two or four! Offering Choice Steaks and a variety of Seafood dishes, including Fried and Boiled, Burgers, Wraps and Sandwiches. Full bar with frozen specialty drinks, wine, craft and domestic beer. Happy Hour Monday through Thursday 5-7 p.M.
“It was just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We were later getting there and were the only ones there not a good sign. The steaks were just OK and I didn't like paying seperately for side items that should come with the meal. Over priced for what it was. But the food was ok

45% Recommend
Akron, Ohio, United States
“Skip Vicki's”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

My family and I visited Vicki's on Sunday evening. We got there around 6:30 pm and there was only one other couple in the restaurant. I too thought this should be an indication of the quality but we stayed anyway. Let me preface this by saying I have worked in food service on and off for the past 25 years in various positions. The hostess was very nice and properly dressed. The dining area of the restaurant was inviting and clean. The location is excellent as you see it almost as soon as you enter the island. Our waitress was pleasant but not very attentive. The time between placing our order and receiving our food was extremely long taking almost 45 minutes which was absurd in a restaurant that only had two other guests. My husband and mother ordered one of Vicki's signatures dishes of shrimp and grits. The grits weren't fully cooked and had a flavor of starch. The vegetables were mushy and no longer held any color, the shrimp had no flavor and the broth was bland with an underlying hint of grease. My mother couldn't eat it and sadly for the first time in her life sent something back in a restaurant. My husband ate it but he can eat anything. My aunt ordered the fried shrimp as did I and she also ordered a salad. The fried shrimp was good and cooked properly. The salad however was wilted and old looking. My niece and nephew split and order of the pound of steamed shrimp and it appeared as if they received way more than a pound. Their shrimp was flavorful and cooked well. We got two orders of fried okra and onion rings for the table and both were good. The prices and the fact that the sides were ala carte were disappointing. I have never been in a family restaurant that does ala carte, that is normally reserved for fine dining. Needless to say, I would not recommend Vicki's to anyone.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Frankfort, KY
“Very disappointing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

While we were a bit late eating dinner (8:30ish), we were the only ones in the restaurant which should perhaps have been a warning. I have given this place an "average" because my husbands food (shrimp boil) was good. However, I had the Shrimp & Grits, and it was just barely edible. It is one of my favorite dishes so I was very disappointed.
I must say though, that our waiter was very, very nice and attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Summerville, South Carolina
“Go somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food was sub-par. The cocktails were TERRIBLE. The service was slow and inept, but the staff were very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Ohio
“Not how I wanted to remember Tybee Island”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

For our last night on Tybee Island we wanted to try something local instead of the resort restaurant. What a mistake. We were the only people in the place so the service was not a problem. The food on the other hand was not. I ordered the surf and turf which was to be a ribeye and lobster tail. What I did receive was a strip steak and lobster tail that was beyond inedible. Our server did say the mistake was hers for the steak and did not charge me for it, which was nice. The lobster tail on the other hand was so tough I could not get any meat out of the shell. I told the waitress and she said the cook said it is a muscle so of course it is going to be tough. I was shocked. I have had lobster a million times and NEVER had someone tell me it is supposed to be tough. He either does not know how to cook lobster or pulled a tail out of a plastic kids toy bin. Even though I did not eat it I was charged for it. It is an ala carte menu so you pay extra for your sides. My last dinner on Tybee Island was coleslaw. My name is Vicki too and I took a picture under the sign to commemorate our trip but I was too ashamed to post it.

• Visited September 2013