“Very disappointing....” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 48 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Now featuring Steam Pot and Low Country Boil platters for one, two or four! Offering Choice Steaks and a variety of Seafood dishes, including Fried and Boiled, Burgers, Wraps and Sandwiches. Full bar with frozen specialty drinks, wine, craft and domestic beer. Happy Hour Monday through Thursday 5-7 p.M.
Frankfort, KY
“Very disappointing....”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

While we were a bit late eating dinner (8:30ish), we were the only ones in the restaurant which should perhaps have been a warning. I have given this place an "average" because my husbands food (shrimp boil) was good. However, I had the Shrimp & Grits, and it was just barely edible. It is one of my favorite dishes so I was very disappointed.
I must say though, that our waiter was very, very nice and attentive.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Summerville, South Carolina
“Go somewhere else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The food was sub-par. The cocktails were TERRIBLE. The service was slow and inept, but the staff were very friendly.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Ohio
“Not how I wanted to remember Tybee Island”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

For our last night on Tybee Island we wanted to try something local instead of the resort restaurant. What a mistake. We were the only people in the place so the service was not a problem. The food on the other hand was not. I ordered the surf and turf which was to be a ribeye and lobster tail. What I did receive was a strip steak and lobster tail that was beyond inedible. Our server did say the mistake was hers for the steak and did not charge me for it, which was nice. The lobster tail on the other hand was so tough I could not get any meat out of the shell. I told the waitress and she said the cook said it is a muscle so of course it is going to be tough. I was shocked. I have had lobster a million times and NEVER had someone tell me it is supposed to be tough. He either does not know how to cook lobster or pulled a tail out of a plastic kids toy bin. Even though I did not eat it I was charged for it. It is an ala carte menu so you pay extra for your sides. My last dinner on Tybee Island was coleslaw. My name is Vicki too and I took a picture under the sign to commemorate our trip but I was too ashamed to post it.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rex
“Great service and good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

The service was great considering there was one cook and one waitress taking care of the whole place inside and out. I was happy with an ample serving of large shrimp. The fries were greasy and undercooked but overall the food was good.

Visited August 2013
Hilliard, Ohio
“No Complaints - Great Overall”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We ate here on Wednesday for the "All-You-Can-Eat-Crab Legs" (well, for my husband). We got a referral from Lighthouse Pizza (same owners, both great places to eat) who told us that they moved the time down to 5pm instead of 8pm, which is stated on their sign. It was like $28, however they put an automatic 18% gratuity on the crab legs portion, which is like $5.58; it wasn't a big deal, we just put it towards the over-all tip. They brought out 6 clusters the first time and then the second was like 4-5. It also came with hushpuppies and slaw.
My M-I-L and I ate the NY Strip, we both like our steaks well done and they actually managed to cook it well done without burning the outside! It was very good and not a bad price, either. The steaks were $14.95 and then sides are priced individually, which is nice if you don't want any at all. My sons got corn dogs and corn on the cob. This was so refreshing, because just about every other place on the island only has fries, slaw or onion rings as sides. The interior was relaxing with white LED stringed lights and a fireplace, the staff was very friendly. Our total bill for 3 adults and 2 kids was just over $100, but included tip and I think my husband had 2 beers as well (apparently the Sweetwater Ale is very good).

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Vicki H, Owner at Vicki's on Tybee, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Thanks for the compliments, and for taking the time to write a thorough review. We try to offer a nice atmosphere and simple, good food at a reasonable price. We've had a great response to our All You Can Eat Crab Legs on Wednesday nights and have extended the special through fall. Hope you had a great visit to Tybee and that we'll see you again.