I have to admit, given the mixed reviews for this place, I was a little nervous about staying here. However, I felt strongly that based on the way that the manager responded to complaints on TripAdvisor, the customer service would be good. I was not disappointed.
My husband and I have experienced the services of four different hotels on Tybee Island. By far, the service we received here soars above all others. We arrived on a Wednesday, and were greeted warmly by the GM, Leonard. When I had reserved the room online, I had just chosen a room number at whim because of my lack of knowledge of the place. Leonard moved us to another room that was the only one with a partial view of the ocean (room 227, I think). We were debating on staying through to Saturday due to financial restraints, and Leonard gave us a weekday rate for Friday night. Even though we arrived 2 hours before check-in, our room was clean and ready for us.
The room was beautifully decorated, and quite spacious. I like the fact that the floors are tile, which is great for coming in and out from a sandy, wet beach. The bed was comfortable and clean, and the noise level that some complain about in past reviews was non-existent for us; maybe because we were there during mid-season instead of at the peak.
The location is fabulous, right in the middle of the commercial block of Tybee. The pier is less than a block away, and you are just steps from some great food and drinks. My only disappointment was that the WiFi did not work for the entire time we were there, which did cause a little bit of an inconvenience. Just a few things to be aware of about this place:
- It does sit right above a bar called Wet Willie's which definitely attracts a rambunctious crowd; if the noise level is a concern for you, the hotel is situated in such a way that you can be pretty far away from the street if you want.
- The microfridge is pretty small, and the freezer inside it is even smaller. Don't expect to be able to fit too much in either one.
- There is no coffee maker in the room, but they do have coffee at the reception desk every morning. No continental breakfast, but that's not a concern for us since we like a REAL breakfast in the morning. :)
- This place is competitively priced. My husband and I are a younger couple and still don't have much money saved up for vacations like this, so I am always comparing prices. For it's proximity to the beach, the level of service, and the quality of the rooms, you won't find a more reasonably priced place.
We will be coming back for sure. Thanks, Leonard, for a memorable time!
- Also Known As:
- Sea And Breeze Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sea and Breeze Hotel is the only hotel located on Tybee’s South Beach. Many of the most popular gift shops, art galleries, restaurants and bars on the island are all within one block of the hotel. Vacationers love our relaxed, laid-back island. Unlike most highly commercial beach destinations, we’re on Tybee Time here and you will be too. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Otel and Fareportal so you can book your Sea & Breeze Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.