“Great food and atmosphere!!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 44 restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
Westerville, Ohio
“Great food and atmosphere!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We drove by this a few times on our recent visit to Tybee and decided to go there for lunch. Their Jalapeno Hush Puppies were awesome! My wife ordered a Sangria and, sadly, it tasted like water but everything else was great! I couldn't decide between the Smoked Brisket or the Shrimp Po Boy.....So I got both! Didn't have a problem with the service. Our waitress was nice! Their hot sauce was good! My brother-in-law mixed their Barbecue sauce and their hot sauce together which made it even better!! Give it a try!!!

82% Recommend
“Good food....poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

Dropped in father a fishing trip because of the great reviews. Food was average but the service needs improvement.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
knoxville, tn
“Good food in a fun, beachy environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

My Husband and I have been to Tybee several times and never eaten here until now. We couldn't figure out what to do for lunch so we decided to give it a try. You sit outside under a huge patio type structure that is covered in fun signs. I got sweet tea to drink and it was sooo sugary sweet, just like proper southern sweet tea should be, with free refills. My husband got a Coke that was served in the can, no free refills. The lunch special that day was a Shrimp Po Boy with onion rings and a drink for $11, which is what I ordered. My husband got a 1/2 pound of peel and eat shrimp and the pork sandwich. Everything was really good! The shrimp were all very fresh and the bun for my sandwich was really good. The onion rings were really thin onion straws, which I prefer but some people might be disappointed they aren't big, thick cut rings. My husband said his pork sandwich was a bit fatty and really delicious as were his peel and eat shrimp. The price was a little bit high, but this is the beach! Service was really good and speedy as well.

Cleves
“Fun place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Fantastic place! Really fun and we went twice on our week in Tybee. Great Po boys and the limeade is amazing.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Love Gerald's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I stopped here for a light lunch after a day at the beach. I had the stew and cucumber salad, my mom had the shrimp po boy. The hushpuppies that came with the stew were phenomenal!!! Mom said the shrimp was very fresh and yummy. I thought the stew and salad could use a little more seasoning, but I really enjoyed the freshness of it. Staff was very friendly and hospitable. Would definitely stop again!!!