“Eat here!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Tybee Island
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood, Sandwiches
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Delivery, Late Night
Description: Come as you are, bring the family...eat, drink and be merry. Gerald’s Pig and Shrimp is a casual outdoor dining establishment, backdropped with towering shade trees and located across the road from Tybee Island’s sprawling salt-water marshes. The brick patio is housed in an open air structure, a 14’ high pole barn fabricated with reclaimed materials, beautifully landscaped and decked out with an array of eclectic eye-candy. We specialize in slow-smoked meats pork, ribs and brisket, as well, fresh, Wild Georgia shrimp, fried, boiled or sauteed. All our sauces and marinades are made in house. We use fresh herbs from our side garden. We offer daily specials, dinners, sandwiches, appetizers and local beer, wine and sangria. We’re pet friendly as long as they’re friendly and on a leash and have free parking on property.We strive to ensure our guests’ experience is top-notch by providing fresh, tasty, high quality fare at a reasonable price, in a relaxed atmosphere with exceptional customer service.Planning an event? We also cater, offering choices of Southern Style Comfort Food, Bar-B-Que, Whole Pig-Roast, Oyster Roasts, Low Country Boil, site location, and entertainment.
“Eat here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

Casual, fun,friendly. Breezy hut very vacationy!
Cleanest bathrooms, nice garden, social staff. Keep up the good work!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Tybee Island, Georgia
“THE BEST BRISKET-PORK-SHRIMP AND ATMOSPHERE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We are from Pittsburgh Pa and this is the first visit to Tybee. The seafood is all great here,,,but I was missing my BBQ! Been to many BBQ restaurants, but this one is in the top ranks! We ordered the sampler with ribs, brisket, pork and shrimp. First the ribs were perfect,,,the meat was tender and fell off the bone! the brisket and pork were tender and you could adjust your taste with their sauces. you will not find tastier shrimp, the coating was light and cooked to perfection. Our sides were baked beans (mmmmm) and fried okra (i am not an okra fan, but I am now converted). The atmosphere is welcoming, pet and family friendly with outdoor but sheltered seating and protected from the 30 mph winds yesterday (nice). everything is clean and inviting. Gerald was there and he is super! The staff is very attentive. We had a great time there and this will be a regular stop. Thanks Gerald! Debbie & Mark

• Visited May 2013
Tybee Island
“Best Fried okra around!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I love to get Po' Boy sandwiches. He liikes the oyster best and I love the fried shrimp one. The okra is lightly breaded and perfectly crisp. Fun to dine outside there or take for a picnic on the beach.

Visited April 2013
NC
“Just go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

First time on Tybee.....wasn't sure where to eat....saw the reviews...saw the restaurant.....turned in. Glad I did. Had the sautéed shrimp.....good! Tarter sauce was the best..made fresh with dill and capers...very good. Will definitely eat there again. Thanks Gerald.

• Visited April 2013
Marietta, Georgia
“Best Food on Tybee Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We eat at Gerald's Pig and Shrimp at least 2 times per week. We are happy to hear that Gerald's will be open 7 days a week beginning in May. I am a creature of habit so I order shrimp. Gerald told me I would like the fried shrimp better than the sauteed shrimp, so I tried it. He was right. His fried shrimp plate with two sides is the best shrimp on the island and the most reasonably priced, $12.95. I recommend Gerald's Pig and Shrimp, my wife enjoys his barbeque. It's the best....and I can vouch for her as well.

• Visited April 2013