“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

The food, the food, and the food. Word to the wise try to go before supper hour as the crowds are insane. The same applies to lunch hour.

Visited April 2013

Savannah, Georgia
“Two trips, two different experiences”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My husband and I stopped by on a Monday night, 8ish, sat at a table outside, and were ignored so long that we eventually got up and left. Two servers went to neighboring tables, one chatting pleasantly with the patrons and the other made eye contact with us, but no one spoke. We have very low tolerance for being ignored at a place of business and I intended to not go back but my husband wanted to try again the next day for lunch. We are locals and he works with tourists and has often referred people to North Beach Bar & Grill so he wanted to give it another chance. Tuesday was better. We were greeted, though the volume of business appeared to be about the same. The food was wonderful. Overall, the experience Tuesday was what we expected. We are cautiously forgiving Monday night.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
NBBG, Owner at North Beach Bar & Grill, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us a second chance and for taking the time to bring our attention to your first experience. We truly regret the lapse in service and have taken steps to ensure that our new servers understand the importance of excellent customer service, especially the importance of making sure that every guest is greeted and served. Thank you for sharing your second experience - we're so happy that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you'll come back soon.
sao paulo, brazil
“A Big Argument”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Ok, right now me and my sisters are having a big argument. I say this is the best place on Tybee and they say it's the third best place. Whatever. We all agreed it was a lot of fun, really great service, music, a terrific view of boats etc. I really liked my crab cakes - they thought they were a little mushy and that the crab was a little too finely ground. We all loved the white chocolate key lime pie that was enhanced by the lime zest. Fabulous. Also, the sides that came with the crab cakes couldn't be beat-delicious red beans and rice and sauteed vegetables featuring yams? sweet potato? not sure but yum. Oh gosh...the bathrooms were lovely too-salt scrub, lotion, mints, mouthwash. I think I'm changing their minds as I write this!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Georgia
“Its a Must!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have been visiting Tybee for several years and always make sure we dine at the North Beach Grill several times during our visit. The food is great, the vibe is great, nice colorful sunny deck with good music playing. Even my three year old daughter says it’s her favorite restaurant.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Everything I Wanted”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I had heard of North Beach Bar & Grill on a show on Cooking Channel a few weeks after my first trip to Savannah, and I was dying to go back and try the funky little place by the fort that I'd seen when I was there that got such rave reviews.

We had a party of 8 people at around 7pm on a Saturday night. There was a bit of a wait while a wedding party wrapped up, but the staff were very polite, and the atmosphere was hopping. We didn't mind waiting.

Once the party cleared out, we were seated and well taken care of. The food was wonderful and flavorful. I had the crab cakes, which were HUGE! The cocktails were tasty and potent. We were all looking for a cool, casual place with great food and a chill atmosphere, and North Beach Bar & Grill delivered.

One thing to mention is that there is a Caribbean flavor, so expect a little more spice than your average seafood.

Visited April 2013