“Awesome!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Atlanta, Georgia
“Awesome!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2011

A bit of a wait, but they were packed. Once we got in we had prompt service, as per usual. Also the food was most excellent, also very usual. We finished eating and made to feel welcome and stayed for quite a bit, we were even given free cheesecake as a thank you for the long wait to get in (can't guarantee this will happen for everyone.)

• Visited June 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Nashville, Tennessee
“Lovely”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I recently visited Tybee with our 6 month-old and beloved dog. The curb appeal of Social drew us in. The interior was equally wonderful. Beachy and rustic, easy but still special. Fun twist on the standard taco, and definitely affordable! The bartender made me a custom yummy "mocktail" with fresh squeezed juice...a request that other bartenders would snub. The live music capped off the night with a laid-back Nashville vibe. The best part - the baby and the dog were both welcomed on the patio!

• Visited April 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington, D.C.
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2011

In this poorly organized and designed establishment we were rudely informed that our party of 9 would only receive one check. We had been received warmly at numerous other restaurants by servers who asked how we wanted our checks split and had no problem with our multiple checks so we were pleased to be spending our time and money with them and not the owners of the Social Club.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Atlanta, Georgia
“Are you kidding me!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2011

This place may be the sorriest excuse for a “restaurant” that I have been to in quite some time. I swore that after the first visit we would NEVER go back. The first horrific experience I thought might have been justified given that we had a group of 12 including some children. Unfortunately upon our second visit with a smaller group, the Social staff proved their ineptitude in everything that is or might be construed as service. After a long day of exploring Tybee, the last thing I want to do is wait 30 minutes for a waitress to actually show up at our table….I’m thirsty over here! Another 30 minutes for her to return with a simple drink order of a few beers and an additional 10-15 to bring the mixed drinks. By the time it’s all said and done and I’ve heard every excuse under the sun for why things are taking so long, it’s been three miserable hours! My time is worth more than the mediocre food this place is pushing out!

The good:
It’s close to the beach
They serve beer…you’ll need it for your LONG wait!

The bad:
Service is completely inept
They couldn’t turn a table over in under 2 hours if their life depended on it
These are tacos people…you’re not serving paella, in which case I could
understand the wait
Guacamole out of a can….come on now….that’s just busch-league
Would you like some salt with your chips….My mouth is still parched from the over-salting of the chips
The taco wrap was a hot greasy mess
I’ve never in my life heard more excuses!
Hint: Take some responsibility for your actions, stop making excuses!
Did I mention the horrific service

Do yourself a favor…..GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Savannah, Georgia
“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere, Bad Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2011

The atmosphere at the restaurant was nice. We ate outside with a breeze and everyone was very relaxed. The food was great. My wife and I tried the truffle burger which was excellent. My mother had the lamb taco which was good. The service was horrible. Our waitress was maybe sixteen years old and was a bit clueless. It took forty minutes just to get some water and the restaurant was not very busy. We had to track her down and ask for refills. I do not think that she could carry three full drinks at the same time so she would bring us cups that were only about half full. I had to ration my drink because I knew that I would not be getting any more any time soon. I do not think that anyone was in charge. It looked like the place was run by a bunch of teenagers. The hostess had her boyfriend show up and he hung out an talked with her the whole time we were there. If they get some adults and put them in charge the Social can be a good place to eat.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere