“Very Good Food and service!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Canton, Ohio
“Very Good Food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We ate at Bernies June 16th and also had Rachel. She must not have liked you because she was very polite and respectful, best server we had on our family vacation to Tybee. The food was Great too, we had the Captains platter, fish tacos, and much more and had no complaints at all ! They have a nice patio that we sat on, it was a breath of fresh air compared to other places we visited. As we walked out we picked up a "Rum Runner" and an all famous "Bernies Bloody Mary". The rum runner was our favorite. The bartender was a nice blonde with long wavy hair. she makes the best drinks we tasted because when we went in there on the 15th the Big man that was bar-tending was rude and must not have known what he was doing because the rum runner tasted nothing like the on we had the next night. I would go back on the right day and right service.

Visited June 2013

Jasper, Alabama
“Beware..It is a bar that serves food!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Yes, a bar it is with all the smell and foul language..not to mention the drunks! One man could not even stay on his bar stool..and his favorite word was..of course..the "F" word! This was the first place we tried during our vacation on Tybee Island..it was an experience for sure. Now here is the surprising part..the food was actually good..once we got up the nerve to order..for a moment it looked as though we might run for the door! Some of our group ordered the BLT's which they said were wonderful..my son had chicken fingers with fries..I ordered the Crab Cake Platter..and my husband ordered the pick two platter with fish fingers and stuffed crab..both came with slaw, hushpuppies and either fries or tots..both platters were wonderful..we had no complaints about the food only the atmosphere and the servers clothes were distasteful..to say the least! They wear and sell shirts that say... well I am not going to repeat it..but keep in mind it is an oyster bar. Sadly, the shirts cover more than the rest of their clothes..again keep in mind this is a bar! I don't think we would visit again..unless for lunch maybe..especially with our son. That is a big MAYBE!

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“What a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

First of all, the food is terrible. All of their food is frozen. If you decide to eat there make sure your server isn't Rachel. Rachel is the worst server I have ever had. When I told the manager Chrissy (who needs to wear more clothes) she dismissed my feedback and rolled her eyes. I see that a lot of reviews are old so possibly this dump used to have ok food and or service but not now! The servers stand around gossiping at the bar and the kitchens loud rap music can be heard in the dining room. WORST SERVICE ON TYBEE.

• Visited June 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Geat place to have lunch or dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

A must , just laded back oysterr bar, I was feeling kind of hung over a bit and went to this place had one of the best Club sandwiches with a dies of deep fried tots. OMG is was great and the place is very clean and the staff is awesome and very friendly. u must go and hang out for some beers and half shells.

Visited May 2013
Statesboro, Georgia
“Worst food I've had on Tybee in 40 years”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Sat at the bar for what I thought would be a quick bite. Took forever, food bland fries cooked in old grease. People next to us were ready to leave before their food arrived as well. Overall terrible meal, I'll never try it again. I left after paying the check and went somewhere else to actually eat something.

Visited May 2013