“Best Stay Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tybee Cottages

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Tybee Cottages
You added Tybee Cottages to your Saves list
1310 Jones Ave, Tybee Island, GA 31328   |
Tennessee
“Best Stay Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2009

Another great year at Tybee. Jim is so helpful and friendly and the house was clean as always. I myself have rented from other companies on Tybee and Tybee Cottages has the best overall operation. I have used no other since finding Jim 3 years ago. I plan on renting "up" this next year and taking a large family vacation, so I can't wait to see a new house. (The kids always love to go somewhere different and look in the cabinets and drawers for cool stuff!) I have no doubt that this next place will be clean and stocked, and Jim will be helpful to any problems or questions I may have.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2009

I rent a place from Tybee Cottages three or four times a calendar year and was last there in September. I rely on Trip Advisor when traveling and had not realized that reviews were accepted for places other than hotels and B&Bs thus my lateness in placing this review.
I can not say enough good things about Jim, the fellow who manages this rental operation. He is very good to listen to your needs and to match you with just the right place. When he has had a late cancellation he has called me to let me know of availability of properties I was interested in and has just gone out of his way to make my escapes to Tybee special. I have rented cottages for solo retreats, girlfriend weekends, and large family events and have never had a single complaint over the many years I have used this business. I have probably stayed in at least six different properties on the island that I have rented through Jim.
The properties are varied, but my favoritea are the old-style Tybee Cottages often decorated by Jane Coslick who has worked with others to keep Tybee "quirky". I love the fact that Tybee is not a BIG-BOX sort of place with large properties blocking the view of the beach, but is made up of small cottages as well as large homes, many of historic significance. It has the feel of a small beach town as opposed to a homogenized resort.
The cottages I have rented have all been well-equipped and very clean. Everything has been in working order and the descriptions provided by Jim and the Tybee Cottages website are very complete. I always know what to expect. I have rented from other groups at other locations and have had to go buy things for the kitchen in order to prepare meals, etc. This is not the case with Tybee Cottages.
Jim is very helpful with advice. On a recent trip he warned of a parade that might make access problematic at certain times and he advised my family when we rented over July 4th as to congested routes, etc. He is always on target and so friendly--I feel like I have a new friend.
It has been more than 8 years since I have stayed in a hotel on Tybee and from that experience and what friends tell me about the available choices Tybee Cottages is by far a better value and a better choice.

• Liked — Friendly staff
  • Disliked — I can not think of anything to put here!
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo