“A nice break” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tybee Island
Lighthouse Inn
You added Lighthouse Inn to your Saves list
16 Meddin Dr, Tybee Island, GA 31328   |
Ranked #7 of 9 Tybee Island B&B and Inns
Sebago, Maine
“A nice break”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Hubby and I stayed here for two nights on our way to Orlando for a convention..home was lovely..bed comfy..Susie was very welcoming and Tammy (hope I have that name correct) was very friendly and helpful as she prepared delicious breakfasts both mornings. Nice chats with other guests at the table each morning. Close to the beach....nice area.quiet and residential. An issue with the AC was taken care of in a prompt manner. Would surely stay here again on a return trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

This is a quaint B&B located at the quieter north end of Tybee island about a 2 min walk from the famous lighthouse and a 2-3 min walk to the beach past Fort Screven. One thing to ask yourself is are you a B&B type person? There are many hotels in the area that are cheaper than staying at the Lighthouse Inn. My priority was peace and quiet along with close beach access without fighting over a beach spots with other tourists. There is free wifi and and a little fridge in which to stock up on goodies. But if you are looking for all the hotel type amenities this isn't the place for you. If you want wonderful breakfast fare along with personal attention and a great hostess then by all means come on down. I have found when staying in a B&B you have to adopt an attitude you are staying in a relatives' house. You don't expect hotel type services from a relative. As such being personable to other guests and to the host is important. I chose this place for it's location and also for the B&B aspect. I wanted to be part of the local scene and to blend in. I didn't want to be treated like a tourist. Susie the owner and operator of The Lighthouse Inn was helpful, charming and available at all times with practical advice. When in Tybee you can hire golf carts or be driven about by a company that will take you to IGA or the tourist end of the island for a few dollars. This is the best way to travel this 3 mile paradise. This driving service is available from 10am- 4am in the morning. I would rate my stay as the great escape and I enjoyed 6 nights of peace and quiet. This cannot be compared to a hotel stay it is quite different. If laid back is your thing with great food then this place will be right up your alley. They don't change the sheets each days as they are on a recycle program but their are fresh sheets for your arrival. Again this is like staying with relatives for a week they won't change your sheets each day either. There are quite a few restaurants worth visiting you will be surprised at the dishes they offer. This island is charming and it has a lot of savvy for its size.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Green room it has shower facilities but no bathtub. I enjoy showers not long soaks...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of a 2 night stay at this B&B. Susie kept excellent correspondence via email in the days approaching our check-in, concerning herself with everything from special dietary requests to accommodating a special bottle of beer I wished to bring (each room is equipped with an ample sized min fridge). She greeted us with the warmest of welcomes and immediately opened herself up to any information about Tybee we inquired about.

Due to its location away from the island's main strip, the north shore beach's decreased patronage was a huge plus for me. Lucky for us, it is no more than a 5 minute walk from the Inn til you can feel sand in your feet. Truth in advertising, no doubt: the historic Tybee lighthouse is also within walking distance.

Breakfast was served at 8:30 each morning, consisting of fresh fruit, coffee, juice, a mighty tasty breakfast casserole, and stuart's homemade biscuits. We had pleasant conversation each morning with the other couples who were booked during our visit. I can without hesitation say I will put the Lighthouse Inn at the top of my list for my hopeful return back to Tybee.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
O'Fallon, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

We absolutely loved our stay at this B&B. We stayed for 3 nights last week and found the Inn to be quiet and lovely. Very short walk to the beach and a wonderful beachfront cafe & bar nearby also. Just a block away from the lighthouse... perfect location, perfect beach. Our wonderful hosts rounded out a wonderful get-away.

Room Tip: Green room has shower only, blue room has both shower and tub :)
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and enjoyed a charming room, lovely breakfast and super easy access to the Tybee Lighthouse and less crowded North beach area. The Inn was originally part of the officers quarters of Fort Screven (1899 - 1945) and the owners have managed to retain the historical quality while including all the modern amenities. We were surprised and impressed at their easy nature and quiet way of welcoming island new-comers. We felt more like family than guests. I also found their activity recommendations to be right on target. We'll be back. Not a place for young children.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

Susie and Stewart were great hosts for my GF and I. We stayed in April and I had a great time. They are so warm and fun that I felt like I was visitng family. For someone like me that values family as the most important thing in my life, it was just a great time. The walk to the beach is easy, down town commute is quick, and I just enjoyed the change of pace from the Chicago.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My partner and I stayed with Susie and Stewart off and on for approx 3 years. We not only fell in love with Tybee because of them, but we fell in love with them too! They are like family to us. We found a house here on Tybee and moved down... Now we go sit on the porch at The Lighthouse Inn anytime we can. This inn is the epitomy of what it means to be on Tybee. If you want a comfortable, relaxing stay on the beautiful and quiet North End... This is the ONLY place to stay. If there happens to be any negative reviews on here... Take it from the folks who moved down to be closer to the Inn that we love so much. They are incorrect.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Lighthouse Inn? Share your experiences!