“Not a happy stay” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Tucker
Miami
“Not a happy stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is a basic Courtyard by Marriott--two stories no elevator. The walls are thin and you can hear your neighbor's every move. This is fine but the nightstand light was broken and my room was never cleaned by housekeeping. When I went to complain about the oversight there were no housekeeping employees on duty. Moreover, I was told that they were understaffed and several other rooms were left uncleaned. It was no comfort to know that other guest returned to dirty rooms. Lastly, after going to sleep the front desk clerk woke me up to ask if I had called to complain about a loud TV in a nearby room (which I had not). This was not a happy visit--stay anywhere else but here.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience Jorge P. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their stay, and come in every evening to a room that is clean and comfortable for relaxing. I cannot apologize enough for what I'm sure must have been a frustrating stay for you. We take the concerns of our guests very seriously and assure you that your words will not fall on deaf ears. I would love the opportunity to personally see to it that your accomodations are what you expect from the Marriott family of hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Cape Coral, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

I chose the right hotel for a last minute stay. I had absolutely no hassles. From the moment I checked in around 10PM, my room was ready. I was not planning on staying at a hotel that night so all I brought was my handbag. It was nice to have a hotel located so close to a Target and a shopping mall to get the essentials I needed for the next day. The staff was friendly, and breakfast was typical, Southern fare. For a last minute hotel stay, it beat the Holiday Inn by $50-$100 on that particular night. If you need basic business accommodations, this is the place. Save money. Stay here and put your savings towards an airline ticket to your dream destination. Note: Tucker, Georgia is not it!

Green Features: I felt relieved to know that as a patron, I could help the hotel and the planet save water by deciding my laundry (towel washing) frequency. I applaud the Marriott brand for this forward-thinking practice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Thank you Tamra H for reviewing our property! I am so glad that you were happy with stay and found our location and amenities to be convenient and comfortable. Many of our guests love that we are so close to Northlake Mall, and all the shops of the Norhtlake area. Couple that with the service and accomodations that you have come to expect from the Marriott brand of hotels, and you have a winning stay. We look forward to seeing you again!
Vail, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I'm a frequent business traveler and am in the midst of spending two weeks at the Marriott Atlanta Northlake. I was put here not by my own choice (based on many of the reviews I would probably never have stayed here willingly), but due to arrangements made through my employer.

That being said, let me give you an honest, unbiased view of what this hotel is really like. The room I'm staying in is perfectly fine, nice and clean, and is on par with many or most Hamptons. There's nothing in the room (#176) that makes me feel that anything about this hotel is substandard, unsanitary, or run down. There are no roaches, funky smells, or people at the front desk with an attitude. The breakfast is good, actually better than many Hamptons. I don't watch much TV, but there's a large, modern flat screen in the room. The fitness center appears well-maintained and has up-to-date, well-maintained equipment (which I will definitely use). The breakfast buffet (included for free with my room rate) is perfectly fine and actually superior to a Hampton. They have fresh, hot coffee out early in the morning at no charge. There's a business center with modern equipment. The hotel is quiet and pleasant.

To those who have written scathing reviews of the Courtyard Northlake, I honestly don't know how to respond. Maybe the hotel has been remodeled since your review, or maybe you're just too difficult to please. In any event, I have stayed at FAR worse places for MUCH more money and I really don't see anything to raise a major fuss over.

My one and only complaint is the rip-off Internet service. The free service is so slow that it's barely useful, and the "premium" service at about $5 a day is still pathetically slow. I'm a cyber security consultant by profession and know exactly how to configure my computer and Internet connectivity, and it's definitely not my laptop. Whatever Internet provider is servicing this hotel is ripping off not only the people who stay here, but the hotel itself by providing seriously substandard service. Hint: 1.5 Mb/sec download is by no means a useful download for business work or streaming media. Yet, you will be slammed with an almost $5 charge per night for Internet that's advertised as "high speed" but barely meets the standards of usefulness. I can use my cell phone as a hot spot, but others may not be so lucky.

Anyway, with the exception of the abysmal Internet connection, this hotel is perfectly fine.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 176, it was nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you Mr. Diesel for your review of our property. I am so glad that you ended up staying with us, and that you found your accomodations to be comfortable and enjoyable. We pride ourselves on delivering the kind of service that will make you want to return and stay with us again and again. I am happy to hear that we have met your expectations. I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will stay with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here in July 2009. Location is excellent. Couldn't afford the hotels in Atlanta. This hotel is right off the perimeter in between Atlanta and Stone Mountain. Full size kitchen was nice to have. Only complaint was the bathroom was small and dimly lit. Great value!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you CJ9295 for your review! I am so glad that you found your stay to be comfortable and our location to be convenient. A lot of our guests appreciate that we are just outside of the hustle and bustle of Atlanta, but that the city is just a few short miles away. I hope to see you on your next trip to Atanta.
Washington Township, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

The staff at the Courtyard Atlanta Northlake were very friendly and helpful. However, we had asked for foam pillows when we made the reservations since my wife is allergic to feathers. It was not done. The staff was quick to change out the pillows. The bed was probably the poorest quality I've ever found in a hotel. The mattress itself was foam and we sank into the bed at least 6-8 inches. Very uncomfortable. Maybe they got our request mixed up?
Breakfast was not included in the stay and they wanted to change us $11 for the buffet. Sorry, it was not worth it. A free breakfast is something we're starting to expect when we travel. Courtyard needs to consider including breakfast.
The hotel was somewhat rundown. We are unlikely to stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that you found our staff to be polite and welcoming. We make every effort to proactively accomodate our guests' special requests and make your stay as comfortable as possible. While most of our guests love our pillowy soft mattresses, I am sorry that you and your wife did not find them to be to your liking. We pride ourselves on having a facility that is clean and well-maintained. I would love to know if any other factors shaped your opinion of us. Please feel free to share any additional comments with me at gm.cyatl@chdinvestments.net. Once again, thank you so much for your review!
Texas City, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Service was fine, but room condition needed to be worked on. Have stayed at Marriott hotels before but did not encounter this kind of room condition. As a single woman staying alone, it was very displeasing to see what seemed like a guy and a girl getting arrested at the hotel on my way out to the dinner. Both looked shady, especially the girl and I wanted to get out of there asap as my friend was waiting for me. I checked out the next day and moved to Doubletree where my stay was quite comfortable and I felt much safer.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Tiffany S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
I apologize that your experience with us was not overwhelmingly positive. I always hate to hear that someone has not thoroughly enjoyed their stay. I would love the opportunity to speak with you so that I can gain some clarification and further insight into your experience with us. To my knowledge, no one has been arrested at our property. We do everything that we can to provide clean, comfortable and relaxing accomodations for our guests. Please feel free to reach me via phone or e-mail at gm.cyatl@chdinvestments.net. Thank you very much!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

Staff was friendly and welcoming. Room was clean and there were some good dining options close by. Shuttle was available to take us to our office, though we ended up not using it. Nice for an older Courtyard. I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: No elevators
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review, Nicole. We want to be the hotel that you love to return to again and again. I'm glad that you found your accomodations to be comfortable for your corporate trip. From our pillowy soft beds to our blazing fast internet, we've got you covered when you're travelling for business. I look forward to hosting you again very soon!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Atlanta Northlake? Share your experiences!