“THE SMELL BRINGS YOU IN” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 107 Restaurants in Tucker
Cuisines: American
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Description: This is in a small strip mall on Northlake Parkway.
Ga
“THE SMELL BRINGS YOU IN”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011

I love the smell of hickory smoke. It always gets my hopes up. Unfortunately the smell tasted better than the food. The baked beans and the bbq sauce are great. I ordered the plate with the beef, pork and ribs for about $13.99. The portions are small. The ribs looked like they had been from dinner the night before (last).

• Visited June 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Atlanta Tradition Needs Work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

We heard about the Old Hickory House Restaurants in Atlanta and wanted to try some real southern food while visiting there. "Put the South in Your Mouth" is their moniker. AS this restuarant was near our hotel we decided to give it a try. This OHH is in a strip mall and is a fairly small place.At first glance it is a family restaurant frequented by the locals.The place is dark, with worn out booths. The place needs a major facelift. The servers were friendly. WE ordered BBQ and chicken. My first side a broccoli casserole arrived and tasted spoiled.. I told the waitress and she cheerfully brought over some baked beans- then told the kitchen people that "Yes , it has gone bad". Now this is a problem- had I not said something I would have been eating spoiled food. The BBQ was good as was the grilled chicken and baked beans which were delicious ! Folks in our party got the Brunswick Stew which was very good as well. Families with kids eat ther although after the broccoli episode I would certainly reconsider having my kids eat there with the risk of their getting spoilt food and not knowing it.
IT would have been nice to have a beer with the BBQ so my thoughts on this would be for the management to check ALL food for freshness before serving, refinish the booths, get new lighting and get a permit to sell beer.

• Visited April 2011